Managed Funds Navra fund outperformance of the S&P200 - #2

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by MichaelW, 10th Jan, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jenny__

Jenny__ Well-Known Member

I agree Try Hard. I'm very happy with the NI fund, I can sleep soundly at night and it cash flows our IP's. I don't have the time commitment or knowledge to trade myself - and I really wouldn't want to - just doesn't turn me on.

My only concern is lack of performance fee for the company - but the tide will turn here -won't it? :eek:

Jenny

2. Jenny__

Jenny__ Well-Known Member

Rick - Steve says the american fund will be more volatile, and therefore more lucrative :D

Any news of the American fund???

Jenny

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Not sure when the US fund will be open to investors - but it's already in place and trading.

4. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

I wonder how much shareholders have been informed of this next step?

5. Mark Laszczuk

Mark Laszczuk Well-Known Member

Shareholders - and readers of this forum - were told that the US Fund would be available to investors early in the new year. It would be a little foolish to give an exact date, methinks.

Patience people, it's coming!

Mark

6. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

That's fine Mark.

Yes.....I guess we have been told indirectly on the Forum about the US Fund and for those at the AGM some other information was given as well. No real problem there. :)

I guess my comment was prompted by the fact that Sim was saying apparently the Company is already trading the US Fund in some form or other(?) and I was just wondering how much that was common knowledge to other shareholders? Obviously no PDS is available yet and it is not open to the Public so presumably they are trading in another form at this stage.

No ......I don't expect the company to make an announcement every time someone sneezes and yes .......they need to have the time to manage the company. I guess I'm just wondering from a small unlisted company point of view whether they have intentions to keep shareholders up to date of various developments along the way in between AGM's?

7. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

Given that we're in the new year now I would have thought it was foolish not to advise people and give people the chance to consider their financial situation. Unless 'early in the New Year' means May I would suggest Navrainvest, from a marketing perspective, get the announcement, the date, and the product out there.

Having said that, I'm not a shareholder, and I'm a member of this forum so I feel I have sufficient heads up, so I'm not fussed about their decisions really.

8. Simon Hampel

There's no announcement yet because there's nothing to announce.

Once the fund is ready for investors and a PDS has been issued, then I expect there will be an announcement.

Until then, there is no news.

There's still hurdles to overcome before it's ready for the public, so no point pre-announcing until those hurdles are overcome.

9. Rick__

Rick__ Well-Known Member

There seems to be a few people about that have links to NavraInvest that have a fair idea what is going on but the average shareholder has the minimum information available.

I'm a shareholder and I treat the company as a high risk investment similar to a junior miner. Junior miners normally keep the market fairly well supplied with information. Yeah, I know they are bound to by law. Obviously when you are listed on the stock exchange things are a bit different but I'm getting the impression there is an air of secrecy involved with NavraInvest at the moment.

My investing timeframe for this company is 5 years. In about 5 months we will be at the halfway mark. When performance has been poor the last thing you want to do is zip up and not communicate. As an unlisted company you probably don't have to worry too much as investors can't sell out easily when they start getting bad vibes.

I have faith in the company to produce the goods in the time required but geez, communication is so underated sometimes! Is it so hard to let people know what progress is being made! :confused:

10. Rick__

Rick__ Well-Known Member

Okay Sim' because I'm such a pathetically slow typist you got your post in while was trying to construct mine.

But what I'm talking about is not an announcement as such. But more of a shareholders update.

Just a friendly letter or email to let shareholders know the state of affairs. :)

11. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

Sim,

Yes........I guess I'm of the same view as Rick that communication could be better. :confused:
    For eaxample, those that couldn't attend the AGM were told they would receive a comprehensive summary here. We are now nearing the end of January and still nothing has appeared. If the fallback is Steve has been too busy, then I'm afraid there could have been others from NavraInvest who could have done a simple AGM summary on his behalf.

Good company communication is not about every individual having to ring up everytime to get a question answered(and yes I have rung with questions), but rather that there is a reasonable expectation that the company will proactively provide ongoing communication to their shareholders.

There's a big difference to making formal announcements of major product deliverables to the general public and keeping shareholders informed of developments within a small unlisted company which is a few years old.

Last edited by a moderator: 21st Jan, 2006
  12. Simon Hampel

I hear what you are saying. I'll try and make sure that NavraInvest understand the concerns too.

13. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

Thanks Sim.

:)

14. Mark Laszczuk

Mark Laszczuk Well-Known Member

I will also talk to NavraInvest and work out a system that we (that is, myself and NavraInvest - I work for Navra Financial Services, remember?) can utilise to get communication flowing.

I'm a shareholder too - so these things matter to me as well, I'm not just a pencilpusher collecting a paycheck at the end of every month!

Mark

15. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

Good on you Mark. :)

Yes.......I have trouble believing this is totally a 'time' issue now as many of these questions could have been answered in the time it takes to make a cup of coffee. :eek:

It would appear as a minimum to be more a 'process' issue.

Good luck!

16. Simon Hampel

I suspect that the "process" is that Steve is the designated spokesman, and he has been away for a couple of weeks recently (and too busy before that).

What we need to establish is a minimum commitment from NavraInvest such that if Steve is not in a position to communicate effectively, then an alternative representative can step in and offer assistance.

17. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

Yes..... that may do it Sim. That could solve many of the Unitholder issues.

However, if we're throwing ideas around, perhaps you could suggest a Shareholder's Chat Session once a month or so to address some of the shareholder issues. Whether it be here or on the NavraInvest website probably doesn't matter, and since it may be a bit like a mini-AGM it would probably need to be password protected for actual shareholders. Say an hour or an an hour and a half once a month at a regular time and date where Steve had the opportunity to bring shareholders up to date with developments and shareholders had the opportunity to ask questions? A session such as this would mean all shareholders around the country could easily participate and get answers to possibly questions they hadn't even thought of asking yet. :D May be worth a try.

18. perky

perky Well-Known Member

Really good idea Alan.

19. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

Communication ... again

These ideas are spot on.

The current lack of any communication on NavraInvest's own site about last year's AGM, outcome of the share offer, or the progress of the US Fund, or any follow-up on commitments that have been previously made on this forum, is really worrying me, as both a shareholder and unitholder. Not sleepless nights worrying, but "this isn't sitting right with me" worrying. I don't think I am doing the right thing by my family, whose money I am investing, idly sitting watching this situation get (apparently) worse.

If NI is going to sell its products interstate, it should support interstate (and local) investors with open communication. I don't think there is the intended 'secrecy' someone mentioned, at least I hope not, but there is a distinct lack of any communications strategy.

If NI can't even respond on this forum without Steve, will the company be safe if something happens to Steve ? What happens if Steve gets hit by a bus ? Should I be concerned about my investments ?

I was emailed this article earlier today - I think it would help NI and is relevant to the topic being discussed :
    http://www.investorsdirect.com.au/newsletters/012006/story1.htm
    example :
    "Every time we don’t back our words, we have to internally justify this, to explain – to make excuses… And as soon as we do this, we learn how to get away with not delivering on a promise. Which can all too easily turn into a habit to casually give our word whether or not we have the intention or commitment to deliver. Before we know it, we start to subtly lose credibility with those we come into contact with."

I am not trying to blow this out of proportion (I would count myself as one of NI's bigger fans, in fact :) ) but there are now an increasing number of threads on this forum (a forum not even really involved with NI in any formal capacity) where shareholders and unitholders seem to be expressing a recurring theme of frustration. Someone at NI should fix this urgently either on this forum or directly between NI and shareholders / unitholders.

Look forward to an update, soon

Cheers
    Carl

Last edited by a moderator: 25th Jan, 2006
  20. Simon Hampel

I suspect part of the problem is that NavraInvest is a very small company - they don't have a lot of resources. That's not excusing the situation (it really doesn't take that much effort to communicate the way we are asking) - just perhaps explaining it.

I suspect that other than Steve, most of the senior people at NavraInvest aren't that comfortable with online communications. It may well be that Bill is the only other person that NavraInvest feels qualified to comment on these issues, but Bill might also not be comfortable with posting about such matters himself - either on their own website or on a forum like this. I don't know this for a fact - I'm just supposing.

Again, it's a question that Steve should be able to answer for us, and should also be able to address within the organisation.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia