Managed Funds Navra Fund Performance - updated chart

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by MichaelW, 7th Jun, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

Yes.....that could be right too Tropo.

:)

2. TwoDogs

TwoDogs Well-Known Member

Total performance of the US fund is a result of the value of the shares (just like Oz fund) and also currency. OK, the fund value has not increased much, but this should not effect any trading profits to be distributed. I'm sure hoping for better than a 1% distribution :eek:

3. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

Whilst we're on the topic of the American fund, I have a question.

We know the American fund has currency fluctuations in the mix, but if we assume there are no currency fluctuations for the moment, has Steve every indicated a quantified expectation of outperformance against his Australian fund.

We know that Steve has been trading his black box for the last what is it, 15-20 years or so for both the Dow and something similar if a little shorter for the ASX. So over this time he'd have a pretty accurate figure of what trading outperformance can be achieved by trading the Dow. So I'm curious as to what figure this is.. 1% pa...2%pa... 5%pa..?

Cheers.

4. gad

gad Well-Known Member

In the previous financial year the Aust. fund achieved a Net return of 22.43% & distributed 16.17% which is app. 72.1%.
    According to http://www.navrainvest.com.au/index.asp?content=fund_perf
    the Net return for the fund last financial year was 19.33%. If we applied the same percentage for the distribution as above,
    the last qtr's dist. would be app. 2.38% as we have already had dist.'s of 11.56%.
    So if the last qtr's dist. is between 3.5 & 4% as Bob suggests in his post above, the dist for the year will be app 15.31% which is app. 79% as compared to 72.1% the previous year.

I have also noted from my investment in the Aust. fund that the Net return for the financial year, having re-invested all my distributions, would
    be 17.2132% as compared to the 19.33% Net return quoted (that's IF I have worked it out correctly).

Just an observation, that's all.

5. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

Yep.......fair enough Gad.

As I said, it was just a rough 'rule of thumb'. :)

From memory when I posted I thought we finished with close to 20% performance for the year and had already distributed around 11.5%. 3/4 of 20 minus 11.5 gave me my rough 3.5%. You're quite correct the precise annual performance was 19.33%, not 20% and therefore I've obviously included a little bit of an 'optimistic' factor.

For those who think we'll get more in both Funds, I sincerely hope you are right and I am very wrong. :p

Last edited by a moderator: 7th Jul, 2006
  6. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

If the figure of 4.97% for Retail posted in the other thread is right......

I LOVE being wrong. :D :D