Managed Funds Navra fund performance

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by coastal__, 16th Aug, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Actually it's not quite that bad ... the company does have a choice to charge a fixed fee like most other funds do - so at worst, we would see a change to the fee structure.

It would be disappointing if they had to resort to a more traditional charging model ... I would prefer a low base fee + bonus fee for outperformance type arrangement as an alternative to a flat fee if it came to that.

2. gazza

gazza Well-Known Member

Totally agree Sim but from my perspective, one of the main points of difference of the fund is the fee structure and I believe NI would lose a lot of credibility were they to change that.

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I guess I'm much more pragmatic about these things ... there's not really any other similar fund managers out there who are willing to take such a risk as NavraInvest have with their fee structure.

It wasn't actually the fee structure that attracted me to the fund, it was the types of assets the fund holds and the way it aims to make money from them that I thought was innovative and a good way to invest.

I don't have a problem with people getting paid for their work, so, provided their fee structure is reasonable, it doesn't really matter to me how it is charged.

I don't expect perfection - failure is allowed ... it's all part of innovation.