Managed Funds Navra Fund ?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by MARKAT, 7th Mar, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MARKAT

MARKAT New Member

2nd POST AND VERY GREEN

Still don't know too much about all of this but give me the worst case scenario on the investment? Can the whole lot disappear, or is there some sort of diversification so that worse case scenario is a drop that is regained hopefully in time....

And another thing ...... I am assuming it's time to buy?

:confused:

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Hi Markat ... I suggest you read the PDS: Welcome to NavraInvest Limited - Funds Management - this is always the first thing you should do when considering a new investment.

Essentially, the Navra fund invests in a selection of "blue chip" Australian shares - these are the largest companies in Australia and arguably the most "secure". Yes, things can go wrong (HIH etc), but careful analysis by the fund manager should (in theory) avoid those questionable shares ... and that would be only one of many that are held - so you wouldn't lose all your money if one share went under.

The only way for you to lose all your money is for 20+ of Australia's top companies to all go out of business suddenly. And if that happened, we're all in a LOT of trouble :eek: ... it's incredibly unlikely in my opinion.

Whether it is time to buy or not ... that depends on a lot of things - most importantly, your own goals and circumstances ... so it's never an easy question to answer. Generally, if you think the economy is in pretty good shape, and that the markets are going to go up for a while yet - then "now" is usually a good time to invest.

(PS. I moved your post to a new thread)

3. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

MARKAT,

The worst case scenario is that you loose all your money.
    Losing money is not fun, but I guess some people are too obsessed with this possibility.
    If you are not able to take on a risk even relatively low, investing is not for you...Every time you drive a car you put your own life on the line.

With investing/trading is like with most of the things in life : No pain - no gain.
    :p