Navra Strategy!

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Triu, 8th Sep, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Triu

Triu Well-Known Member

Hi can anyone tell me about Navra financial strategy? What is it and how can it help me?

thanks

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Haha - that would take a very long post to explain it all :eek:

You should start by reading the articles we have available ... especially the "Living on Equity" article. That's only one approach though.

The best way is to attend one of Steve's seminars - which is difficult for WA I know. Hopefully we can capture some of Steve's material and put it online for you - we have plans to do this already - just requires some more work to get it into shape.

3. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

Hi Triu

As Sim said, check out the articles. LOE and dollar cost trading, together with rental reality are the a pretty good outline of Steve's approach.

BUT...there's nothing like hearing something for yourself and asking all those questions directly, so why not fly over for Steve's next course... Flights aren't that expensive these days and consider it an investment in your financial future ;) (talk to your accountant about it as well, the flight MAY be a tax deduction).

The weather's great in Brisbane in October...

http://www.invested.com.au/forums/25/navra-brisbane-course-1212/

Cheers
    N.

4. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Triu,

C'mon guys, its not that complex. Let me see if I can spell it out in a couple of sentences for you...

Balance. Its all about holding the right balance of growth versus income generating assets. Navra advocate direct residential property for growth and their DCT share fund for income to offset the holding costs on your negatively geared properties.

The rest is just detail. Stuff like Rental Reality and DCT are all just details that help in the implementation of that strategy. They're proprietary Navra tools that complete the picture. But the core of the strategy is balance, and to ensure you don't have lazy equity that's not working for you.

If I was to sum it up in two phrases it would be "a balance of growth and income assets" and "maximising existing equity via leverage".

Not suggesting you avoid the Navra course now as it would be a couple of hundred dollars very well spent, but the core concept is really quite simple when you break it down. Its the detail behind the implementation, if you need it, where their financial advisory services really add value.

Cheers,
    Michael.

5. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

Michael's explanation is (as always) excellent :) For someone like me (and we're talking lowest common denominator of society :p) the Navra Course, for a couple of hundred bucks, is GOLD..... (I returned for the second year just for a refresher, and its still worth paying ... and I'll be going again ...)

To me seeing the presentation is part of the journey and anything that re-ignites the enthusiasm backed up by some great knowledge from the presenter, is well worth a bit of hassle and expense to attend.

In the old days it wasn't too difficult to get Steve's ear and run questions by him - not sure how he's placed these days. We're still building the last stage before we get to use NFS properly, and we do have some property strategies that are probably out of left field and don't fit 'the model', but I can't see how anyone (detractors included) would go to a Navra Course and not gain at least 10 times what they spent :)

Enjoy the ride :)

6. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

I remember doing the Course a few times(thick skull! :D ) and Steve saying to me once that he wondered why I came back a second time?

Easy!

Every time I attended there was something new I learned(probably again.....thick skull. :D :D ) and you get the chance to sit next to or have lunch with the most interesting people. For privacy reasons I won't mention names, but the second time I did the Course I sat next to an extremely good Mortgage Broker and at lunch, amongst others, sat with a fascinating Property Developer.

Would I do the Course again? Absolutely.

:)

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.