Join our investing community

Navra Structure course Brisbane - May 2007

Discussion in 'Networking & Meetups' started by Mark Laszczuk, 29th Mar, 2007.

1. Mark Laszczuk

Mark Laszczuk Well-Known Member

Steve is coming up to Brisbane again to conduct another course in May. Details are as follows:

Date: Saturday May 12th
    Time: 9:00am for a 9:15/9:30am start
    Venue: Sofitel Hotel, 249 Turbot Street, Brisbane
    Cost: $179 per person (includes course materials, no obligation evaluation, morning/afternoon tea and lunch)

Steve will be covering such topics as:
    - property investment
    - share investment
    - tax optimisation
    - how to choose top performing properties
    - his share investment philosophy

Note that places are limited and that the courses are always booked out. If you wish to book a place, please contact Serey Mam in the Sydney office either via email at serey.mam@navra.com.au or call her on 1300 131 195.

Alternatively, you can download a booking form from the website, just click the button on the left hand side of the home page at Navra Financial Services.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator: 30th Mar, 2007
  2. Smartypants

Smartypants Well-Known Member

Hi Mark.

Just to let you know, your post contains two different months (pertaining to course) in it, i.e May & October.

3. Chris.R_WA

Chris.R_WA Well-Known Member

Maybe the October date is the one Steve is doing in Perth... :D :eek: :D

4. Mark Laszczuk

Hi Smartypants,

Thanks for that. The October was in reference to the one we did last year. I simply copy and pasted from the thread I posted back then and missed that particular October.

Mark

5. voigtstr

voigtstr Well-Known Member

Is it possible that these presentations could be recorded?

Its a bit far from Hobart!

Cheers
    Simon

6. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

Voig,

If you go to Brissie to see it, your trip could be tax deductible ;)

7. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

Unfortunately, having tried to record Steve's full day seminars before, I found that it was very difficult to listen to - since the presentation is very visual with a combination of slides and whiteboard diagrams to supplement what Steve talks about.

I don't think you would get much from a straight audio recording - it would need to be made into a full multimedia presentation, which takes a lot more work than just pressing record at the start!

You really want to try and get there in person - the interaction and the ability to ask questions makes it far more valuable.

8. voigtstr

Maybe steve will do a presentation in Hobart one day.

9. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

Still, those really serious about wealth creation will get themselves to the teacher ;) Admittedly a bit easier to justify if its 20 k's down the road and not interstate, but lets say the course accommodation and airfares cost $1,000 all tax deductible, that's a better spend than a PS3 is it not ? :p

Personally I wouldn't hold ya breath for a Hobart presentation judging by the demands on Steve's time - I'm guessing he'll stick to major population centres where there will be a full room and a lot of people thereby justifying * his * travel :)

10. voigtstr

Well I'm getting an awful lot of fun out of the PS3 and motorstorm :)
    Would travelling to Queensland be tax deductable if I havent got much in the way of investments yet, and my primary income is IT helpdesk. For the tax deduction, wouldnt I have to be earning income and paying tax on investing?

11. TryHard

Good point - you might need some creative accounting there ! It would be more tax deductible than the PS3, unless you've purchased the PS3 as computer hardware ;-)

But then again playing devil's advocate, if lack of a tax deduction stops you beginning the journey of wealth creation so that you can have lots of real tax deductions down the track, its probably a circular argument ;-)

12. voigtstr

At least I didnt get the ps3 on finance, it was preordered with monthly payments.

My financial plan is in place, pay off some loans to gain more cashflow, put that cashflow into managed funds (about 1000 a month into managed funds)
    save up a nice investment property deposit. Then I'm thinking keep saving in funds so that the distributions could pay for the rental shortfall.. I might as well wait till I've paid off my loans first before obsessing about it though I guess.

13. TryHard

The only one who has to be happy with your financial plan is you mate ;-) Enjoy the journey (and the MotorStorm :) ) I'm a "Day of Defeat" addict on the PC myself, although I haven't had much killing time in the last few months. :p

14. Ems

Ems Member

Doe's anyone know if there will be another course in either Brisbane or the Gold Coast in the near future? I've missed the May one!

Cheers
    Ems

15. Mark Laszczuk

Hi Ems,

Yes there will be, we do them on the regular. No fixed time as yet. Will post when we set a date. In the mean time, you're more than welcome to come and see us at any time in the office for a chat.

Mark