Managed Funds NavraInvest AGM

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Alan__, 9th Feb, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

Hi Teresa......and welcome aboard. :)

There seemed to be some confusion recently whether the AGM Minutes for the most recent NavraInvest AGM were or weren't available yet and indeed who they would be available to.

I assume they would have to be available now as the AGM was held on the 29th November 2005.

Could you clarify please?

2. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

Investor Services

Hi Alan

Can I clarify ? - did you (or whoever is looking for the minutes) contact NavraInvest Investor Services to ask for them ? They are DEFINITELY available as I have a copy. What is confusing me though, is people are asking for them on this Forum (not really part of NI) and I have previously posted that I got a copy from Tereasa at Investor Services.

So I can only conclude either :

1. No one ever contacts NI Investor Services for such things, even though that's what they are there for ?

or

2. I am the only shareholder to receive the minutes, and now they are mysteriously unavailable ? And I can't see why I would be receiving preferential treatment ?

Anyone ?

Cheers
    Carl

PS once again, if they are irretrievable, I guess I can post a copy here - as I wouldn't have been given them if they were not a public document

3. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

That's fine Carl.

I was just flipping through some paperwork this afternoon and it reminded me that (from memory) a couple of people said they had different responses from NavraInvest about this.

I did ring Investor Services this afternoon to enquire and while Tereasa wasn't available, the person who answered wasn't sure if the minutes were available or not.

It's not a biggy, I just thought since a) it isn't investor specific and b) the question when previously raised on the Forum prompted somewhat differing responses that Tereasa may just like to clarify it for those interested.

4. TryHard

Hi Alan

I get it :)

Other than the threads where we were chasing info promised by Steve, unaware of his extended absence from the Forum, the only place I remember the minutes being discussed is :
    http://www.invested.com.au/forums/showthread.php?p=4095#post4095
    and
    http://www.invested.com.au/forums/showthread.php?p=3983#post3983

This thread :
    http://www.invested.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=651
    is meant to set out the boundaries of the communication we can expect from NI (I think ?)

I think if we expect prompt or timely discussion on the forums about burning issues affecting our NI investment, we might be disappointed. To me, the lack of official minutes 3 months after a meeting would qualify as a burning issue :) I think things like the AGM minutes are becoming kind of like "chinese whispers" and we should go straight to the source.

The only reason for my post is I'd like to clarify if any other shareholders are having difficulty obtaining a copy of the minutes after contacting Teresa ? If so, I'll just post them here.

Cheers
    Carl

5. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

No worries Carl. Maybe you misconstrude my comment........and again this isn't a biggy........ :)

Firstly, in addition to the above, BSB also said the following. Hence the confusion:

BSB on 2/2/06:
    ".........
    Another interesting aside: someone on this forum (not sure who) said they were able to get minutes of the last NI AGM. I called today and was told they were still in the process of being 'prepared/produced'.
    ..........."

My query about who may be able to get them was not some slant that somehow you got them and others didn't but also your comment that since they're presumably a public document they could probably be posted here.

I don't know about that? It's not a Publicly Listed Company. Can just anyone attend the AGM if they're not a Shareholder? If not, should the Minutes be available beyond Shareholders? :confused: Don't know, and hence the query.

Yes I guess those who are interested could all ring up Investor Services. Indeed I could have rung up again today and I'm sure Teresa would have handled my query very efficiently(she did with the last Distribution problem I had :) ), but I just thought I'd post it and anyone else who was interested could gain some extra information as well.

With regards to NavraInvest providing a feedback service on this Forum for general questions I think they show themselves to be a very open and transparent company by doing this. Most don't, but if questions can be asked, and answered here, then I think they have just raised the service bar another notch.

I hope that clarifies my query Carl. All the best.

:)

6. Teresa Cowley

Teresa Cowley New Member

AGM Minutes available

Good Morning Alan,

Please be advised the AGM minutes for November 2005 are available to NavraInvest Limited shareholders only. The AGM minutes can be supplied upon a direct request to NavraInvest Investor Services. Please email [email protected] or phone 1300 656 131.

Regards

Teresa

7. TryHard

Ah yes - good points Alan and Teresa - it is good I didn't post them here - it makes sense only shareholders should receive them I guess. :cool:

Cheers and have a great day :)
    Carl

8. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

Thank you Teresa.

:)

9. Jenny__

Jenny__ Well-Known Member

Great Service

I emailed navrainvest at 0900 today and requested AGM minutes - had them in my little hot hand by 0950.

10. Mark Laszczuk

Mark Laszczuk Well-Known Member

Did they burn?

Mark

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia