Managed Funds NavraInvest American Fund Details

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Alan__, 9th Apr, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

2. TwoDogs

TwoDogs Well-Known Member

But as high as 1.0598. It would be interesting to compare against Dow Joens over this period, if I can find the data I'll post the chart.

3. TwoDogs

TwoDogs Well-Known Member

Chart of DJIA to Navra American Fund from 1st March. I think this is a good comparison as the fund more closely reflects the index, unlike the Oz funds to the ASX200.

Very limited data, but the fund can be seen making money as the DJIA goes down, well some of the time anyhow.

Attached Files:

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I'd be very careful making comparisons right now - in the short term, there will be a large influx of money into the fund from new investments ... so this will potentially distort any returns (more buying power from new cash, as opposed to trading).

Similarly, during the early months of the Australian funds, the returns were a bit volatile ... but then settled down to something that looked more reasonable.

Then again, with my extremely limited experience in how the Dow moves ... anything will look unusual right now !

5. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

Yes........good point Sim. I only meant it as a general observation. :)

Imagine if I'd annualised it. Hmmm.....2.5% after 5 weeks that would be... :eek: :D

Actually I read a beautiful comment from Peter Spann the other day about annualising that went very loosely like.........

"Be careful about annualising.........based on my past 10 second performance I'd be Brad Pitt."

:D