Managed Funds Navrainvest in last Weekend Fin Review.

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by jenpalex, 21st Sep, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jenpalex

jenpalex Active Member

Did any one else spot the small article on NI in Smart Money (Page 40)? They inaccurately described the fee structure. I hope someone from NI gets them to print a correction.

jenpalex

2. gregpatch

gregpatch Member

Smart Money

The Navrainvest Funds occasionally get a mention (the US fund, high exposure to resources, performance etc.) from time to time, but seem misunderstood.

Morningstar also seem confused as to the detail.

Makes you wonder at the rest of the reporting!

3. Andrew Allen

Andrew Allen Well-Known Member Business Member

Ah yes the quality of what we read.

We live in a soundbite society and thats the kind of poorly researched junk we are fed a majority of the time.

It's like a bresh of fresh air when you discover well researched and considered content, I'm finding some of this in the blogosphere in recent months, precious little in traditional print, TV or online media though.

It takes some time to actually develop enough knowledge to be able to filter the garbage from the gems as well, good luck to the retail investor basing their judgement on such information.

4. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

Hey Insight,

Got any links to blogs of merit?

Cheers :)

5. Andrew Allen

Andrew Allen Well-Known Member Business Member

Get yourself a good feed aggregator and start digging.

Blogs link to other ones, after a while you find a lot of good ones, I have just pruned mine down to about 40 core ones for the fin markets (too much reading) which I check daily.

It's a real echo chamber though, many blogs end up linking to the same material, repeating comments which like a real echo chamber amplifies those blogs that reach critical mass. Which means that true talent is sometimes disguised by 'A list' bloggers with many readers gaining credibility because they got there first, like I said it does take some digging.

It's kind of a personal thing.

I track blogs from billionaires down to the lunch money traders (any account sub 6 figures in my book), though sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference online.

A few of my favourites:

Random Roger, The Kirk Report, Bill Cara, Trader Feed, The Big Picture, Dismally, Savage Chickens (hey it's very funny)