Managed Funds NavraInvest performance compared to beta test

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by redrover, 21st Feb, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. redrover

redrover Well-Known Member

Going forward -

Interesting - all the presentations I have attended since 2000 have indicated that the Navra system would perform well across all markets as long as there was liquidity and volatility and the security of the larger cap stocks!!! The returns projected at the presentations were of the order of 25-35% and the beta testing disc Steve gave some of us early devotees certainly substantiated this. I ran it for a six months and came up with a 35% return!! I must admit that I am somewhat dismayed when I hear people talking of a lowly 10%'ish projected return as what is being aimed for.

What has happened to the system since that time :confused: - some of the stocks may be a bit too cumbersome to achieve much profit, too highly priced for the volume to be traded. However these last few weeks of discussions are really the first time that these poorer returns have been raised and I image if Steve thought his system would be capable of underperforming the index to this extent he would not have introduced a performance based fee! Why would you if you thought you would underperform. Any robust system should factor in all variables.

Mystified going forward - agree with Michael on diversification although last year's stellar performers may not be those of the future.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

3. Qaz

Qaz Member

It's my fault. I bought into the fund recently and that's the kiss of death :eek:

:p

4. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same about myself actually....

5. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

According to my estimation Navra system should perform better than 30%-35% if we get very volatile market (in the future).
    If you consider that Navra system is NOT set to trade market moving up with a little volatility at all, so 10% -15% is still a good result (average Tyndall's performance last 10 years is 14% if I am not wrong).
    I do not think that there is anything wrong with the system. Just some stocks in the portfolio perform differently.
    You can not set/invent system which will perform in any market conditions.

Diversification - If you put your money in the few OZ funds which invest in the Aussie market you will NOT get diversification because all of those funds invest in the same shares (almost). You might get better result if you consider international markets, but again...If US market tanks rest of the world will follow.
    If you want to diversify consider other markets such as : options, futures, bond or currency market.
    Diversification after all means that you invest in the different class assets.

As always .... :cool: