Managed Funds navrainvest shares for sale on ebay

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by just do it__, 13th Nov, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. just do it__

just do it__ Member

Last edited by a moderator: 13th Nov, 2006
  2. tropic

tropic Well-Known Member

May I ask why you are selling them on ebay, not by simply withdrawing the fund?

3. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

Tropic,

I would assume these are shares in the NavraInvest Company, not Units in one of the Navra Managed Funds.

4. just do it__

just do it__ Member

navrainvest shares (company)

that assumption is correct.
    The shares are shares held in the company Navrainvest which is the company that owns the funds

5. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

Hi JDI

Judging by your other eBay sales of NI shares you've accepted $1 per share or therabouts (the last official offer sold at $2.50 per share, so you're along way below that). Presumably you're one of the earlier shareholders to be willing to let them go at $1-ish ?

Cheers
    Carl

EDIT ... PS and why ? is I guess what I was trying to ask :p

6. just do it__

just do it__ Member

Carl,

The market is what it is. Like in all things the value is what a buyer is prepared to pay.

Reason: Putting second floor extension on house .....cashing in some assets to fund same

JDI

7. APerry

APerry Active Member

Hi JDI,

If you want to sell shares worth $2.50 for $1 I'd be happy to pass your details on to David Tweed.

Regards
    Alistair

8. TryHard

Still sounds cheap to me mate. If I wasn't currently skint, I'd be on eBay for sure :) Does Steve Navra know you're selling 'em for a dollar ?

9. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

These shares aren't listed and traded on the secondary market or the ASX. So there is no publicly available offers to determine the value.

As the vendor states - these are worth what the market is prepared to pay. Advertising here and on eBay is probably the best way to find a buyer. Unfortunately the Navra shares mean little to folks who aren't aware of the Navra story - pretty small market I guess.

They might have sold recently for $2.50 but given the last few eBay sales have been around the $1 mark then I suspect that is the value today.

That is the markets view of their worth.

What are they intrinsically worth? Anyone?

Even if they are worth $2.50 based on assets, dividend etc etc - I am not at all sure that this could be recouped if sold prior to Navra listing on the ASX. I suspect that is the goal most holders have. If I owned these shares I would be tucking them into a drawer.

Cheers,

10. TryHard

Me too :) In fact that's what I've done. I just wish they cost me $1 not $2.50 :D

PS there's a thread along the lines of the value idea at :
    http://www.invested.com.au/62/some-navrainvest-shares-sale-607

Last time I saw a sale on eBay other than JDI's I think they sold for the last offer price - ie. $2.50