Managed Funds Netwealth questions....

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by shouldisell, 12th Nov, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. shouldisell

shouldisell Well-Known Member

Hey guys, this is kind of frustrating me...

I set up my re-investment plan with netwealth, spreading my cash across 4 different funds. I assumed that any excess cash held in the cash account would be re-invested, but apparently they only re-invest actual income.

So rather than having $2,500 invested into my funds, I have $0.99 going into two funds. The rest of the cash will remain in the cash account.

No worries, so I figure I will just invest the rest manually. But the minimum investment is $1000 per fund.

Is there any way around this? Net wealth reinvest income once a month, and I would like to be regularly topping up my funds rather than waiting till I have a spare $1000 every now and then...

Thanks for any help :)

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Sounds like you are looking for a "regular contribution" investment plan, not just a dividend income reinvestment plan. I have no idea if Netwealth do this. I know CFS do - as do many other retail fund managers if you invest directly.

3. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

If the amounts are below $1000, you can get around by making the request via fax.. they will manually do the smaller amounts.

4. shouldisell

Ah, thanks mate.

Is there a form or something I need to fax to them?
    Or do I just write out a request and sign it?

This is kind of annoying, because I would like to be investing regularly but my money is just sitting there at the moment.

5. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

There is a form you fill out and fax to them.

If you want to have it done automatically, you need to setup a regular savings plan, and amounts added to your netwealth account via this plan will be included in the re-investment sweep. at the end of the month,

6. shouldisell

Ah, thanks mate.

I kept putting off the regular savings plan because I didn't want to worry about making sure I had sufficient funds in my account. This hasn't been a problem though.

Thanks!

7. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

you can always setup a savings plan of $100, but you can change it by the 10th of the month if you want to invest more.. debit takes place on the 15th.

8. shouldisell

Thanks mate. I think I will do that, and also fax the form in to get the money in my cash account invested.

Thank you :)

9. shouldisell

Me again...

CRC, do you know which form I should be filing out to have smaller amounts of money invested from my cash account?

I'm looking to set up the regular savings plan, but I don't like that it is only debited once a month. That means it will be a larger amount of cash and I will have to be careful with how much money I have in my transaction account.
    I don't keep too much money in that account because I try to hold as much as I can in my savings account.

Anyway, I'm going away at the start of next year for 3 months so I think I will wait until I get back before setting anything up.

Cheers.

10. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

I think its the additional investment form.. you can transfer money into netwealth as many times as you like per month.. but the savings plans are monthly.

hopefully the sharemarket will calm down by the time you get back!