Join our investing community

New 10 year plan!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SavySarah, 22nd Jan, 2007.

1. SavySarah

SavySarah New Member

Hi All

I am a novice in this area, but after having completed my first 10 year plan I am ready to create some wealth without so much hard labour...

12 years ago I was a single parent living on government assistance :( . Well I got my first job, paid off the government for my 2 degrees (HECS and Student Supplement), saved a deposit for a house and built (just before the boom), paid out all but one of my 5 credit cards and now am about to launch into some investing using my equity and with some help from a good friend.

I needed a bit of a push before taking on the next 10 year plan :) The kids have left home so my $ are my own again and I am now ready to jump in!:cool:

I have chosen some shares to watch over the past few months as I tidied up the last of the bills and see that my choices have done pretty well (approx. 30% increase in 4 months)...

So I am now reading everything I can to get my head around this whole business

Cheers
    Sarah

2. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum :)

It sounds like you're a well organised planner and have had a great track record so far with the last 10 years. That is fantastic!

Looking forward to engaging in some interesting investment talk and about what your next 10 year plan is going to be.

Are you a Brisbanite or does the southside refer to another place in Australia?

3. SavySarah

SavySarah New Member

Southside

Hi Jacque

Its Southside, Gympie (also known to many as Hell Town, compliments of Penthouse article a few years back)....but if you are a real estate agent in Victoria, it can sometimes be Noosa hinterland ..ha ha ha
    Cheers
    S

4. Lowb

Lowb New Member

Hi, I am finding your story inspirational, hope to hear more from you and all the best