New audio and video section

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Takestock, 27th Jun, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Takestock

Takestock Well-Known Member

Hey Sim,

Just noticed the audio and video section. I see you've got an audio from Steve Navra there as well as some finance videos - excellent.

Or maybe they've been there for a while and I've just noticed them now.:p

Cheers,

Steve

2. jenpalex

jenpalex Active Member

I've just finished listening to Steve's audio on the American fund. This is a good way of getting news out to we people out in the sticks (Canberra). Please keep them coming.

3. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

The USD is heading to .86, it's surely time for a currency play. Who's in? :cool:

4. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Daily consolidation range: 0.8545 - 0.8365
    :cool:

5. Andrew Allen

Andrew Allen Well-Known Member Business Member

That seems like a clumsy way of hedging the currency exposure.

I'm wondering how converting money in and out of AUD can be seen as nearly as efficient as simply setting up a direct hedge in the FX markets.

Lichello AIM Software Vendors

I learnt a lot just from playing around with the spreadsheets and settings, not a difficult thing to do as all you need is EOD data. It should give you a good idea of the methodology of buying when things fall and selling when they rise anyhow. The Aim Excel template is a useful tool.

Problem with Lichello's idea as I see it is that if you want alpha then you need to dance with the high beta stocks in your index and this entails stock specific risk that is really hard to measure, survivorship bias is a large issue here when you try and backtest. Probably a return to wide ranging and non trending markets like Lichello experienced in the US in the 70's when he devised this trading idea might allow the idea to thrive, these are not the markets we are experiencing at the moment.

Actually I could go on, but could be I'm the only one interested :)

** edit.. actually a poster GP created a wizard little application for AmiBroker software that does the AIM testing automatically... I'm a bit analog and prefer Excel still.

Lichello AIM Plugin for AmiBroker - Aussie Stock Forums

6. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

Andrew,

Thanks... I think.. :confused: :eek:

7. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Glebe,

There is always a good time to play with currency, but you may wait quite a while for 86c on AUD/USD (currently 0.8404) :p
    Until than ... be :cool:

8. Andrew Allen

Andrew Allen Well-Known Member Business Member

I like the theme of the AUD going to parity with the USD, not an easy trade to stick with but something I have been thinking about.

It's the direction everything is headed, could turn around of course, but it's the direction we are driving.

9. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Insight,

It seems to me that way as well.;)
    In the short term chart pattern suggest rather move down than up (or sideways), but future inflation data, employment and commodity demand, may influence AUD/USD direction.
    Sure, we may hit parity with the USD in the future (I would not be surprised :p ), but at the moment I would not bet on it.
    :cool: