Join our investing community

new ground

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by yeslist, 20th Aug, 2006.

1. yeslist

yeslist Member

Hi all
    Just like to say Hi to all at this forum. I have been supporting the somersoft forum for some years now as one part of the "simonjulie" team. On this forum I will be "yeslist"
    Regards
    Simon

2. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

Hiya Simon :)

Welcome to IE and I feel honoured to have someone of your calibre here to share some insights and tips with us all!

For those who don't know Simon and Julie, they are avid property renovators who've done very well (thankyou very much!) over the years with their hands on approach to investing.

Soak up the knowledge from members like these two, and you will be sure to go far!

What's the latest project or investment for you two, by the way?

3. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Simon.

Regards

MJK:D

4. yeslist

yeslist Member

Hi Jacque
    We are currently looking at moving our home from Canberra to Sydney. So we hope to be based up there in the new year.
    It is interesting that we are labelled by some as renovators. I suppose that is technically correct however I feel that my renovations are only cosmetic( My most expensive thus far is $25K because I do most of the work myself).
    The most important aspect of what we do, IMHO, is buying well located property. I believe, doing that is what adds the most $$$ over time. The little renos raise the rent and rentability of the property primarily and secondary if the market is strong the value added aspect is also a plus.
    It is also important for me to calculate a basic principal on my investments ie:WHEN WILL I GET MY MONEY BACK?
    I do this by tracking an investment up to the point of refinancing the original costs and outlay(deposits etc) back to me for further investment. After the initial return of my outlay and costs, the property then has the potential for an unlimited rate of return.
    I could go on but that is all for now.
    Look forward to reading all the good stuff on this forum.
    Regards
    Simon

5. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

I like the practical and realistic way you think, Simon :)

I have a client at the moment who is looking in the Forestville/Killarney Heights area. From memory, didn't you buy an IP in this area? Would love to hear some details and your thoughts on how this particular investment is going, if you have the time.

6. yeslist

yeslist Member

Hi Jacque
    We actually have a few houses in Killarney Heights. We believe that the area is undervalued given it is located on Middle harbour and its relatively easy access to the city(approx10Ks) and Chatswood(approx5Ks). I just think that it has not been discovered yet be cause it is tucked away behind Forrestville and suurounded on the other three sides by national park and harbour. We did not buy the houses for there rental return but for value growth over time. According to a local Realestate agent I know, he says that KH has always been the poor relation to Seaforth and Roseville and adds that it is just a matter of time for folks to realise this area as a real gem.
    I could go on an on but the bottom line is the suburb has a lot to offer in all the fundamentals of investing for the long term.
    Simon

7. TakeStock

TakeStock Well-Known Member

Great to have you here Simon. I look forward to reading a few pearls of wisdom in the future.