Join our investing community

New here and looking for study options

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by drolfe, 13th Apr, 2014.

1. drolfe

drolfe New Member

Hiya,

New here, and looking to get into Financial Planning here in Brisbane after spending 14 years in customer service.

I am currently looking at all study options, I'm leaning towards face to face study as I think I would learn more and complete on time, have the help on hand and learn from others too. From what I've seen there isn't any classes here in Brisbane though.

Does anyone know something that I don't (which is going to be a lot)

Any tips would be great...

2. JoshRyan

JoshRyan Member

Face to face study options

Hi drolfe,

Thanks for your message in the other thread.

Based on the research I've done so far, it seems like you'd first have to work out how important face to face is for you versus online learning.

I'm not in Brisbane so not entirely sure if there are any face to face providers there, but if not - I guess you have two options

1. Fly to Melbourne/Sydney and do one of the face-to-face courses there;
    2. Do it by online learning instead;

That said, there might also be some face to face study options in Brisbane that I'm not aware of.

It probably partially comes down to your preference and budget I guess. Flights + Accommodation + Workshop would probably work out a fair bit more expensive than doing it by online learning (which seems to be cheaper.)

3. drolfe

drolfe New Member

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply, I've added up a few costs and while there will be more of an outlay by doing it face to face, I too am like you and would prefer to do it face to face. There is a class that runs for 8 days. Plus doing it this way gets it over quickly so I can start in the industry faster...

Just a shame there isn't anything here in Brisbane

4. JoshRyan

JoshRyan Member

Brisbane workshops

No problem drolfe.

I guess it might be worthwhile ringing a few of the providers and finding out if there's any chance of a face to face workshop in Brisbane.

5. lsmitchell

lsmitchell New Member

Hi drofle,
    I'd be happy to help with some suggestions of various Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) if you need some. I know they can vary a bit in price, modes of delivery and time to complete. Feel free to check out my LinkedIn profile, website, twitter or blog for more information on who I am and my background. I'd be very happy for you to contact me directly so I can better help you.
    Regards,
    Libby

Last edited by a moderator: 16th Sep, 2016