No More Need For FHOGs

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Chris C, 16th Oct, 2010.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

So will this mean the end of FHOGs? Or will the government still attempt to buy votes, opps I mean jobs, in the construction sector?

2. D&K

D&K Well-Known Member

If you can believe the media, overseas hedge funds are betting on our banks' values collapsing, figuring that they should follow the US with massive house price drops and foreclosures / mortagee sales, losses, and then whacking banks' share prices. Hence, reporting of supposed bubbles bursting is in their interest and probably generating inquries, to persist the media merry-go-round. I think reality is much less exciting.

I've heard that there's a least 100 schools without shade cloth that costs $100+K, plus some of them actually need windows, heating and fire protection systems in their new halls. I think government and infrastructure spending will keep the jobs going.

If they did reignite the FHOG, I'm sure the local councils could absorb the extra money in their infrastructure charges - which means no more money than now for the builders and their employees.

Dave

3. BillV

BillV Well-Known Member

Chris
    Not a good source I'm afraid.....

4. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

I wasn't being overly serious. Can't you tell the sarcasm in my comment.

That said - what's wrong with the SMH?

That said I wouldn't listen to anything rating agencies said anyway, or at least you need to take what they publish it with a big pinch of salt.