Northwest Sydney to get metro rail

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jacque, 18th Mar, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

IF you believe the NSW state govt will actually follow through on their proposed transport plans (for a change).... then this might interest some of you who like Sydney's northwest regions....

'Ferrari' trains for Sydney - National - smh.com.au

and the fancy coloured brochure that goes along with it all....

http://www.nsw.gov.au/docs/MREP.pdf

Call me cynical (and maybe older and wiser) but I've heard these promises and plans before over the last 2 decades... and then watched them disappear with each new election.... I'll believe it when they start digging!!

2. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

Thanks Jacque.

Gladesville and Top Ryde look like the big winners on the east side of Epping.

3. BSB

BSB Active Member

you're right to be cynical Jacque - it's a Govt of BIG announcements but little in the way of actual achievments (unless you happen to be a generous property developer)....:rolleyes:

4. hillsguy

hillsguy Well-Known Member

Glad I purchased PPOR in Castle Hill !!!! :D:D:D

5. Jacque

Hey J :)

How's it all going? I wouldn't worry too much if I were you about the rail not going through- that's not why you bought in beautiful CH in the first place. If we all bought on the premise of believing every transport plan that came out of state govts we'd be silly indeed! I'm renaming the minister for transport the Minister of ReAnnouncements- it somehow seems much more fitting :D

6. hillsguy

hillsguy Well-Known Member

Hey Jacque !

CH is AWESOME !!! Still working on personal touches ( Door handles, lights, painting- yes this is still going on, removal of ugly trees, changing washers ,etc, etc, etc...).

Fitting a door handle last w/end ended up with me at the medical centre. My old man accidently drilled into one of my fingers and nail :eek: while I was holding door. Good news is that I now know where the medical centre is.:D

Never any harm in been close to some good transport infrastructure like the one been promised. This would really be a bonus.

7. Jacque

Sydney Link Home

It would be fantastic for the Hills if it really does go ahead.
    See new site above, which they're now plugging on TV ads. Expensive campaign.