Join our investing community

[NSW] Ford Capri Turbo For Sale

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sk3tChY, 29th Aug, 2007.

1. Sk3tChY

Sk3tChY Well-Known Member

Selling my 1989 Ford Capri Turbo due to loss of license, and wanting to invest more money in shares, quick overview;

- About 115,000km on the clock (doubt you'll find lower, very good km's)
    - Body is in Excellent condition
    - Car resprayed Blaze Red (big improvement from the typical white it was)
    - New VJ14 turbo installed (runs like a dream)
    - Blow Off Valve (makes the car sound great)
    - Stereo System (Clarion head unit + Sony Xplod 6x9's + 6inches)
    - 17inch chrome rims (Worth over $1000)
    - Set of 4 new tyres (Worth $400)
    - Complete body kit, including Ferarri looking bubble (bubble along worth about $500)
    - 2inch Exhaust(Sounds Great)
    - K&N Pod filter (Works great with the turbo)
    - New rear springs (Old ones were a bit soft with age, new ones are firm)
    - Cylinder head replaced (New reconditioned head fitted)
    - Various hoses replaced (Original ones were getting old)
    - Brand new Battery Bosch Gold battery ($100, Still under warranty i think)
    - Recently had a complete oil & coolant change
    - Having the entire inlet system cleaned out this Thursday. Car will be in perfect shape for the sale.

This car has had alot of work done to it, and I have receipts for just about everything i've done to the car. Its always been garaged and well taken care of, washed every 2 weeks (it looks nice shiney). Always had the oil and coolant replaced every 15,000km. I still have some oil left from the last oil change I did, which the buyer can have if they like to do periodic top-ups.

The most recent I've done was have a new VJ14 installed.

Car unfortunately isn't registered, however it will be sold with a RWC (blue slip), which means rego is as simple as a 2 minute trip to the RTA up the road.

If the buyer would like, I can register the car and everything for them before selling, this of course will increase the price accordingly.

$6,200 with RWC. I've looked over carsales.com.au, drive.com.au etc, and find this to be a fair price, especially for a model with all the extra's mine has, and in such good mechanical condition.

For anyone with the connections / mechanical know how, you could probably fetch a fair penny if you had the time to strip the car. I believe the rims + tyres alone are worth about $1500, the bubble on the back worth about $500, stereo system could prob get about $500, so thats about $2,500 already.

Engine parts and other panels would probably make up alot of money.

Also for anyone interested in owning a quick car, the car is already quick enough as it is with 100kw, however you can simply drop in a VF10 Hyrbid, get a cheap Front mount intercooler, and cheap boost controller to run 10psi, and its quite likely you'll add another 50kw or so, giving you a very quick car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The car would be perfect for anyone wanting a car with everything, or for a young drivers first/second car, great value for money, and B6T engines are very reliable.

Any questions, or if anyone is interested please don't hesitate to post here, or pm me.

Last edited by a moderator: 30th Aug, 2007
  2. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

Capri is a hairdressers car... ;)

There are probably better forums for selling a car like this :cool:

Good luck.

3. Sk3tChY

Of course, on the other hand tho there may be alot of middle aged men, having a mid-life crisis who may feel they need to buy a turbo red convertable. :p

There may also be some elder people, much like yourself who may be looking into a nice, reliable, fair priced car for their children.

Who knows, may even be a few enthusiasts on the forum? Worth a try, i'll be advertising the car on drive.com.au soon, but if I could find a buyer on a forum beforehand, then even better. :)

4. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

Touche

Have you considered eBay?

5. Sk3tChY

Briefly, i'm not to sure how much it costs to set up an auction on ebay, but i'd probably much rather put that money towards advertising on another website like carsales.com.au or something, where the advert stays until the car is sold.

Ebay is usually a last resort, with someone thats willing to part with their car for a ridiculously cheap price. I've put thousands of dollars of time and work into this car, i'd like to try and get a decent price.

I've looked over alot of websites, such as carsales.com.au, drive.com.au etc, and can garuntee you wont find a capri with the extras mine has for the same price. Most go for $7000-$10,000, you can check for youself.

Im asking this price mainly because I want to sell the car asap, i've lost my license, and don't want it sitting around the garage depriciating in value, gathering dust.

Buy it for your daughter, you know you wanna smack! Or maybe for yourself, I can picture it now, you and your wife, top down, cruising the streets of newcastle, the wind blowing in the little hair you have left... sounds good? :p

6. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

I will show the missus tonight and if she loves it then I promise I will buy it for her. Love to see her drive around Newcastle topless with the wind in my hair.

She is pretty straight though - would even let me name my sailboat Passing Wind

My daughter? She has 4 years till she gets her license and I may buy her a volvo.

7. MichaelWhyte

MichaelWhyte Well-Known Member

I'd be careful what you commit your wife to doing before you check it with her! ;)

Cheers,
    Michael.

8. Sk3tChY

*cough* :p

9. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

Selling the hairdresser's trolley

carsales.com.au is a good one for selling online. Good luck :)

10. jaypee

jaypee Member

11. Sk3tChY

Thanks jaypee.

Well someone has left a deposit, but hasn't gotten back to me for the past 3-4 days. I might start having to advertise on drive.com.au and the likes soon.

12. Sk3tChY

Well the person who had originally left a desposit, and said they were buying the car has fallen off the face of the earth, and wasted about 1.5months of my time.

The car is still for sale, so if anyones interested at all please don't hesitate to get in contact with me.

13. voigtstr

voigtstr Well-Known Member

invest their deposit :)

14. MichaelWhyte

MichaelWhyte Well-Known Member

Hi Sk3tchy,

You should really work on the finish though... That paintwork could do with some quality polish. I use Zainos show care finish on mine and it comes up with a really glassy look. Mine's red too, but more of a blood red than your cherry red. Zainos have two different polishes and a polish lock product, but if you're starting from a zero base then you'll need the claybar too.

Just like property, presentation is everything! :D

Am I right in assuming the paintwork is a bit cloudy now? Its hard to tell from the photo, but it does seem to have lost a lot of its depth.

Cheers,
    Michael