Off market takeover offer

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Brengun__, 23rd Jul, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Brengun__

Brengun__ Active Member

I have received an off market takeover offer from Prime Media Broadcasting to buy my Becker shares. What if I don't wish to sell?
    In the event of an eventual takeover, will my shares still have value? I don't HAVE to sell do I?

2. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

I know nothing about Prime Media Broadcasting, but often you will get off-market takeover offers from people who get your details from the company's share registry.

They offer way below market value in the hope that those who aren't the sharpest sell to them. You don't have to sell in these circumstances.

3. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

Glebe's warning is a timely one...but I'm fairly sure it's not one of those bottom feeding scum preying on the elderly and misinformed here (not that Brenda is either of those things of course!).

From memory there is a battle going on with prime looking like winning out over a consortium involving mel gibson...or that's my vague recollection.

Brengun :D of course you don't have to sell unless they get to 90% and then they can compulsorily acquire you.

Cheers
    N

4. Brengun__

Brengun__ Active Member

If it got to the compulsory stage, would that mean I don't have to pay tax on any profit/loss? Looking for a silver lining.;)

5. bundy1964

bundy1964 Well-Known Member

No silver lining there on a cash offer....cash/shares does change that.