Join our investing community

Old KAPLAN DFS Program Deadline

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by MrJohn, 28th Oct, 2012.

1. MrJohn

MrJohn Member

So I'm enrolled in the old diploma, the one that is getting phased out this year and getting replaced with the new one. I have about a month to be completely done with the four modules. Is anyone else in this same situation?

It's coming down to the wire for me, I was cruising but I recently became a father and that has just blown everything up, lol. Then I broke my leg! I'm almost done with the IP assignment, still have to do the entire SRP assignment, then sit both exams...in a month.

I called and asked them what happened if I don't finish. Basically I get transferred to the new program and get credit for everything I've done EXCEPT the risk module because that's apparently too different in the next module to transfer. So I'd have to re-pay for that ($530) and do Risk again, which is my least favorite subject so far.

Anyway just wondering if anyone else is in this situation facing the deadline.

John

2. H.yawai

H.yawai New Member

yes I am. I am doing 2 units within a month :(

the module that Kaplan taken out is Investment Planning. not Risk.

3. MrJohn

MrJohn Member

Whoa, really? I called them and asked what would happen if I didn't finish in time and was told that I would be transferred to the new diploma program and would receiver credit for all of the units that I'd completed except the Risk one because that was changing. I paid up front for the whole program, so I'd be bummed to have to pay again to redo a somewhat similar unit, so I'm really busting my ass to get finished by the deadline.

So do you know what happens if you don't finish on time? I guess it depends which units you haven't done?

4. MrJohn

MrJohn Member

I spoke to KAPLAN this morning. The guy I talked to said that if I didn't finish something, I just get transferred to the new program...don't have to repay or redo and modules that I completed. So basically, it's no big deal if I get transferred to the new module. I don't know what the other girl was talking about re: having to redo the risk module. :mad:

5. Fayer

Fayer Member

I was given the similar impression too!! That's why I stupidly enrolled 2 subjects, just for not losing my previous one... now looks like, I don't have to stress myself out so much!!! really "thanks" for the adviser over the phone, who gave us all the wrong impression, or just purely sales tips??? Now I'm so struggling with my Super assignment, which is due tomorrow... and final exam on the day after... Look what they have done to my busy life...

and life just gets busier, I'm coping with my dad's hopsitalised situation as well, so much responsibilities on me, and so so stressful... I'm still working on the assignment now, if I can't finish today, I can't sleep... sigh...