Join our investing community

Optimising Structure course

Discussion in 'Networking & Meetups' started by Mark Laszczuk, 31st May, 2006.

1. Mark Laszczuk

Mark Laszczuk Well-Known Member

Steve Navra will be holding his next “Optimising Investment Structures” course on Saturday 24th June in Sydney.

A new “Tax minimisation” strategy will be presented as an added component. He will show you how to take advantage of tax office rulings to redirect tax money to your investment portfolio for your long term benefit.

The course will cover:

Optimised investment structure overview: This will broadly cover what it means to optimise the use of asset value so as to obtain maximum use of the assets. (How to make each dollar work six times)

Creative financing: maximising borrowing capacity, keeping assets 'unencumbered' so as to allow maximum flexibility - now and for future duplication.

Fundamental property criteria: This is absolutely necessary if you wish to be sure that you acquire the 'right' properties at the right price within the various cycles.

Various scenarios: Positive, negative and neutral cash flow. How any, or a combination, might best suit your individual needs.

Diversified strategies: The use of various investment mediums, i.e. property, cash and shares, to best create a balanced portfolio.

Cash flow management: The establishment of 'Passive Income' so that you can live comfortably, whilst your assets are growing.

Tax Minimisation. Redirect money you would have paid the tax office to your investment for your benefit.

Big Picture Planning: How to self assess your situation, set realistic goals and manage the process between now and your 'financial independence'.

Details of the course:

When: Saturday 24th June
    Time: 9am to 5pm
    Where: Vibe Hotel, Alfred street, North Sydney
    Cost: $179 p/p (includes teas and lunch and all course material)

Also included in the cost is a complimentary individual assessment between yourself and one of our financial advisers.

If you would like to book please go to the link below and simply print out the booking form and fax to me directly on 02 9087 1877 so I can reserve your place.

http://www.navra.com.au/pdf/booking_form.pdf

For any further questions you may have on the course, please do not hesitate to contact Serey Mam on 02 90871888

2. talbashan

talbashan Well-Known Member

hi mark,

I have been to steves course and have been on his plan for a year now, i'm not sure that i remember this bit about 'unencumbered assets' can you please refresh my memory. Do you mean getting a LOC on assets?

thanks
    tal

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

I suspect he means not cross-collateralising loans. Not 100% sure though.

4. talbashan

hi mark, sim,

the way i understand steve's approach, having an unencumbered asset mean lazy dollars. where am i going wrong?
    tal

5. Mark Laszczuk

Unencumbered

Property that is not subject to any creditor claims or liens.

Investopedia Commentary

For example, if a house is owned free and clear (meaning the owner owes no mortgage to anyone), it is unencumbered. Also, if a person were to buy stocks with cash rather than on margin, it is unencumbered.

Keep your PPOR unencumbered, but draw down the equity touse for investing. It's the standard 'debt recycling' bit.

P.S. lolz, I'm spamming!

6. Rickson

Rickson Well-Known Member

Mark
    I think we are struggling with how you keep your PPOR unencumbered but draw down the equity at the same time.
    Too good to be true.

7. talbashan

mark,
    as i understand it, if your PPOR is unencumbered and you then draw down equity to use for shares or IP, the lending institution will use your house as collateral. ie it will be encumbered again.. :)
    ????????

8. Mark Laszczuk

If you wanna get pedantic, yeah....... BUT if something happens and you get in trouble or whatever or feel the need to, you can always sell down the shares and pay the debt off against your PPOR. The debt against the property is offset by the shares or funds or whatever.

I prefer to look at is as my PPOR is free and clear of debt, I'm just using what's mine to purchase more assets. The bank might view your home as security for the loan, but you'd do the smart thing and sell down the shares long before they came after you if things got hairy, wouldn't you. *winks*

Mark

9. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

Mark - I think rather than confusing people, you really should be calling a spade a spade.

If you have debt (and a mortgage) against ANY asset, then it is encumbered.

I could play the same "pay down the debt" game with any of my assets - there's nothing special about that.

Of course, if those assets were cross collateralised (multiple assets, one loan), then it can be a much more complicated matter when it comes to quickly re-organising things. Hence my preference to keep things simple - no cross collateralising, and don't fix the rates on every loan - maintain flexibility by keeping at least some loans variable.

10. Mark Laszczuk

Hey, I didn't write it, I just posted it.

Mark