Join our investing community

Out of the Shadows

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Cozican, 30th Jun, 2006.

1. Cozican

Cozican Member

Hello All

Have been lurking in the shadows for some time now and thought it time to step out and say g'day.

Have been investing in RE since 2002 and have been slowly building up what I hope to be an investment portfolio that can provide some lifestyle choices for myself and my young family for the years ahead. Currently holding PPOR and 2 x IP's and some recently acquired managed funds to provide some balance and income to support negative holding costs for the IP's.

Currently work in finance and up until finding forums such as this, have been blinkered by the "standard" approach to funding further acquisitions. I have learnt heaps and suppose thats why I'm here, to learn from others with first hand experience, the various options and strategies that others have applied succesfully to their own investments. I can then apply whats appropriate for my own situation to meet my medium and longer term goals.

Look forward to continuing the learning experience and hopefully contributing to the forum where I can.

Cozican

2. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

Hi Cozican and welcome to InvestEd :)
    There's such a plethora of information about investments in general and that's why this forum is well set up for this very purpose. Whether or not you want to discuss property, shares, funds, super or other forms of investment, we're all ears. Looking forward to hearing more from you in the near future.
    Where are your properties, by the way?

3. -T-

-T- Well-Known Member

Hey Cozican

Do you mind me asking what area of finance you work in? I'm in the midst of a career change (sort of) and would be interested to hear your background.

-T-

4. Cozican

Cozican Member

Jacque

All properties are in my home state of WA and in the Perth metro area more specifically. From the beginning, I have thought that properties within a 10km radius of the Perth CBD would provide sound long term results. For this reason, the investment properties have been purchased in Joondanna and Nollamara. Whilst these areas have not performed as strong as some areas in the recent boom, (in particular those areas along the new southern railway), the long term average is quite strong and will hopefully perform well when the boom eventually runs its course. Time will tell. Am not complaining about the returns since purchasing however!!

-T-

I have been employed in Banking for the last 20 years. Was my first job out of high school and have worked my way through the organisation to a middle management role. Presently work in Credit and deal specifically with SME businesses. The role provides exposure to a vast array of lending scenarios from small consumer loans through to multi million $ commercial exposures. I'm not degree qualified however through the roles that I have held, have gained sufficient knowledge to feel competant in the job that I do.

Cozican