Oz Invest

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Julia, 29th Mar, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Julia

Julia Active Member

Has anyone had any experiences with OZ Invest? Would really appreciate some advice on what they are like to deal with. For example are the properties they recommend for sale at a fair market value?

2. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hi Julia

I'd recommend looking very carefully at their contracts and prices being asked, as you may well find already completed property at better prices in similar areas. OZinvest rely on securing buyers early in the planning stages (pre-build) when you buy the land only and so you have to wait to see the finished product (similar to OTP). They also offer long rental guarantees, which are often built into the increased purchase price when you buy anyway.

Though developers and middlemen promoting new stock like this wax lyrical about the tax benefits (depreciation) keep in mind that this should never be your prime reason for investing in property in the first place.

Also, remember that what the taxman giveth he also taketh away upon sale time when it comes to depreciation benefits.

If you want to compare their finished products with what else is out there, the best way is to jump on a plane and pop up to Brissy yourself and do some legwork (allow at least three days or two long weekend trips as a bare minimum) or engage a good independent BA to work on your behalf to investigate comparable properties in the area.

3. Muzza

Muzza Active Member

I havent had any experience with Ozinvest but if i was to purchase something off them or someone promoting the same thing i would be very careful to do as much research as possible.. I would definately seek an Independent Valuation before going unconditional on a contract.

Working in the industry I have recently heard some scary things about companies that source property and finance as a package jacking up the valuations and the client eventually is finding themselves in a negative equity situation.

Im not saying that Ozinvest is one of these companies, just make sure you do your due diligence!

4. Customer17

Customer17 New Member

I wouldn't touch them - they cost me a lot of money.

5. Ripe Wealth Creation

Ripe Wealth Creation Member

Like any investment....research

I have heard most investment companies having done conveyancing on the gold coast for over 15 years, I believe no one looks after or cares about your money more than you, so if you know you want to invest in a particular area research it (the internet these days makes this easier than ever) then work out if you need to buy new for tax reasons or if not why are you buying new? Foreign investor? Depending on the location you are looking at South East Queensland is one of the main capital growth areas in the immediate future (0-5yrs). Work out what you are investing in, why (tax or holiday) whether you are going to rent it out as an investment or move into it? Tax Benefits?

Irrespective of who is offering the package always understand what sort of property you are buying, what rental return outside of the company you are buying it through it would achieve and the costs in holding it (onsite management, body corporate, rates, water etc)

Good Luck with your property Investment

Ripe Wealth Creation

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia