Paying Rent via Credit Card

Discussion in 'Money Management & Banking' started by ashes, 30th Mar, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ashes

ashes Well-Known Member

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with paying rent via a credit card? Any ideas on what the extra fee (%) would be on average?
    I was thinking that if the fee was low enough that it could be cost effective on an interest free period card.

Also looking at the reward points, which are worth about 0.5-0.75%. So that also helps reduce the cost slightly.

Ash.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I looked at one service a while back which was offering to let you pay rent by credit card, but it worked out to be not worth it once you took costs into account. I can't remember who it was or exactly what the fees were.

Reward points are only valuable if you can use them to buy things you actually need or would have bought using cash anyway, so be careful about how you value them.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.