Paying SMSF Expenses to a Trust

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by Dawsy123, 15th Apr, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Dawsy123

Dawsy123 New Member

Hello All

Im hoping there is a wise person out there who can provide me some guidance on if my SMSF is allowed to pay admin expenses to a Family trust.

The scenario is as follows.

SMSF with corporate trustee that is actively share trading/investing
    Discretionary trust with same trustee that is actively share trading/investing.

Basically Im spending about 10 -15 hours a week researching companies, monitoring markets, buying, selling, setting stop losses etc

Im wondering if the ATO would allow my trust can charge my SMSF for a portion of these activities ?

Let me know your thoughts

Cheers
    Steve

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Noooooope.

3. Christianrenel

Christianrenel Active Member

SMSF work

Hi Dawsy123,

I have to agree with Terryw, you are not allowed to charge the SMSF for the work you have provided.

Kind Regard

christianrenel

[email protected]

4. Dawsy123

Dawsy123 New Member

Thanks for you advice.

was hoping that the trust having its own ABN would allow it to provide professional services to the Smsf.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia