Peter Thornhill - Dividend Investing

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Nodrog, 19th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Thankfully we're not in that category. Saw the light earlier on thank Christ. Simple strategies with the focus on passive income growth over the long term. Thank you to the likes of Daryl Dixon and Peter Thornhill who got me started on the right track (albeit I did some stupid things along the way like trading) helping us achieve a wonderful financially comfortable retirement:). Both my parents are no longer here and there was very little inheritance. There will also be nothing from my wife's one remaining parent when her mum passes except the house we have provided for her to live in. Something fullfilling and very rewarding about achieving financial independence all on your own.

2. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

the Rellies ??

not even in my sleep ( they are all dead ..... and each have nastier people to haunt )

but 'not happy ' is both genetic and learned ,( both parents grow up in the depression era .)

but you put the extra thought in ( early ) and the witless rabid vampires only try to feed harder .

after yesterdays little adventure , i am reclassifying Catch 22 and a life experience resource .

3. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Take up home brewing. I find that a wonderful calmative:):cool:. And the cash saved can be invested.

4. twisted strategies

LOL had the independence .... as the official black sheep , i had all the independence you could wish for , but now i have responsibilty ( and have tried to do the job properly ... not form another committee )

and all those over-educated hippies i avoided like a pile of offal , growing up ( the current PM , Wayne Swan , Kevin Dudd ... etc. .. now think they are capable of important decisions , apart from avoiding conscription ).

take care , there is a quote ( truism ) about a politician and a pile of money

5. twisted strategies

my guts( and attitude ) is so acidic i distill , add coffee for instant rocket fuel .

i can save and invest cash , but the vampires limit my ability to protect it from wastrels .

( i even rent out the oily rag , i operate on . )

2 people like this.
  6. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

The sound on my iPad's not working. Used to play a lot of Alice Cooper stuff in my early band days.

With an attitude like that have you thought of becoming a social worker:D. Or even better a social worker helping stressed out Financial Planners, the poor things:eek:.

7. twisted strategies

i help ( with ideas ) when asked .

i am well outside the mainstream thought ,

and try to get folks to understand their own personal assets and abilities , and know when to use them ( for the best outcome ).

sadly the education system is geared for stereo-typing and conformism.

but it is very hard to comply regulations when the regulators themselves can't keep up to date

2 people like this.