Pipes

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Jacque, 17th Oct, 2005.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

After spending a small fortune on pipes recently, I could appreciate this advice in a recent newspaper article. The writer was a planner and suggested (wisely) to photograph all pipes when they are at trench stage if building a new place (or renovating an old one!) so as to avoid the possible expense of locating them later on when a leak or similar disaster occurs. Particularly around pools, this is important as it can be difficult to remember exactly where pipes were actually laid. Over time, with gardens spreading and owners changing, pipe location can be a little like Pick a Box.
    Anyway, just thought I'd share for anyone who's currently laying pipes........

2. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Jacque,

Good advice. We did that when building our house a couple of years back. We also took photos of all our wiring in the walls before we put up the plasterboard.

Cheers,
    Michael.

3. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Now that IS pedantic :)
    Wish I'd done that when we had a sound system hard wired recently. The poor sparky had such a hard time locating wires.......

4. Takestock

Takestock Well-Known Member

I learnt the hard way that this is a great idea. I recently did a lot of digging around my pool, taking good care not to hit the underground pipes. I was feeling very happy with myself as I remembered where the main pipes were located and carefully exposed them...UNTIL...I slammed the pick into the high pressure pipe of the Pool cleaner (Jetvac) and produced a very ornamental fountain. :eek: I forgot about that one... Wish I had taken photos at the construction phase.