Planning calculators

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by FIDO, 24th Nov, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. FIDO

FIDO Member

Post number 3!
    I would like to tinker with some calculators for super salary-sacrificing and also some forecasting calculators with inputs for yield, interest rate etc. for future value of money. Yes I am too lazy to punch figures through a calculator - I actually like the idea of comparing spreadsheets/scenarios/outcomes.
    Cheers.

2. BillV

BillV Well-Known Member

Hutch

I haven't seen any spreadsheets like that.

Check these out, perhaps you can change one of them to suit your situation.
    http://www.invested.com.au/83/

Sallary sacrifice is most affective as you approach retirement age.

3. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi Hutch,

Personally I'd stay away from those sorts of calculators. Many different websites from super funds have many different assumptions so they come out with very different results. I would only suggest using calculators on the ASIC website if there are any, otherwise you'd be best off using an excel spreadsheet.

Cheers,

Dan

4. FIDO

FIDO Member

Thanks Bill - I will check those out.
    Same goes Dan - I know what you mean about website calculators - most use variables which slant positively towards their product. I haven't looked at ASIC's for a while, I will check there. What I did have in mind was a spreadsheet that someone may have put together. I might have to have a crack at building one myself.
    Cheers
    Tim

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.