ASX Shares Platinum IPO

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Nigel Ward, 13th Apr, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Handyandy

Handyandy Well-Known Member

How do they know who the fund holder applications were?

2. pthm

pthm Well-Known Member

I have applied in personal name account and smsf account. After the allocations, if I want to transfer the shares in personal names to smsf account - scrip transfer, does anyone know what would be the tax implications? I borrowed money to apply for the personal names, but have enough money in smsf - but ComSec rules only allow max $20K for each account. Appreciate any view / comment on this. Thanks.

3. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

Having missed the commsec cut-off, will fund holders receive separate notification?

4. Handyandy

Thats why I asked the question. I am a unit holder but have had no notification/invitation. So I suspect that there is no advantage to being a unit holder.

Cheers

5. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

Andy,

Are you a unit holder (directly) or unit holder via a margin loan?

If you are a unit holder via a margin loan, Platinum doesn't recognise you, they recognise the bank's trustee that is holding your units.

6. DaveA__

DaveA__ Well-Known Member

Bell potter still has thier offer open for the IPO

i wonder if its worth signing up to become a member so you can apply under them, or if the fees involved would be too much...

7. DaveJ__

DaveJ__ Well-Known Member

Leveraged

I contacted Leveraged Equities & Platinum Asset Management today to discuss the 'Fund holders allocation'. It appears Platinum has offered only a single application to margin lenders and thereby not recognising the underlying holders.
    Leveraged Equites are discussing with themselves how, if at all, they will offer the allocation to their margin clients that have Platinum funds in their account.

Seems to be a little too hard or complicated for Leveraged Equities to deal with the single allocation as they will have to collate all clients applications and send it off to Platinum. I guess if you have Platinum funds inside your margin account then you will have to wait and see what they do. :mad:

Might be worth a phone call to put the pressure on! :rolleyes:

DaveJ

8. Handyandy

Its direct in my SMSF. I have already applied in the SMSF ones but I will take another allocation;) if I can get one.

cheers

9. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

handy - I believe that the offer to existing unit holders hasn't been released yet.

If you look at the scrolling news text on your "account balance" page in the Platinum funds website, it says:

... so I'm guessing it will be in the mail !!

10. marmot

marmot Well-Known Member

NAB Fund allocation

Well I checked in the mail today to find a letter from my Margin Loan manager (NAB) offering me an option to participate in the Platinum share offer. :)

So it would apear that at least some of the Margin lenders may be passing on the IPO to eligible clients.
    NAB advise as part of their that they have alocated Platinum an security ratio of 65%

cheers

11. DaveA__

DaveA__ Well-Known Member

wow comsec are only offering it a 60% LVR and its the lead floater..

12. Nigel Ward

Tried it, but the bell potter guy was honest enough to say "Mate, I'd sign you up as a client but there's NO WAY you'll get any Platinum...we're massively oversubcribed for our allocation..."

...well it was worth a shot...

Cheers
    N.

13. Handyandy

You were spot on. My SMSF received the letter the other day. Have put in another application after contacting them to make sure I could use the offer for a structure other than the unit holder (my SMSF)

Cheers

14. pthm

pthm Well-Known Member

Here is the first paragraph of an article in the Intelligent Investor - since I am not a subscriber so cannot read the article. Am hoping to get some from ComSec. Saw our CBA bank manager the other day and she said there would certainly be some scaleback by ComSec, but she could not guess by how much.

-------------
    Platinum set for a grand entrance

It's rare that we recommend a float, and even rarer that we recommend you buy on listing at a significant premium. But Kerr Neilson’s funds management business is one of a kind.

--------------

15. Nigel Ward

Just to update the BT customers, I contacted their customer service team re the Platinum float access for fund investors through the BT margin loan product and was told:

Later when I emphasised how we're all keen for a resolution asap:

I have to say generally I've found the BT customer service to be less than ideal...but perhaps they'll come through here...

16. perky

perky Well-Known Member

Thanks Nigel,
    Lets hope BT can get its act together, I wouldn't mind getting into this IPO.

17. DaveJ__

Looks like Leveraged Equities have come to the party!!

If you have Platinum Funds in your Leveraged margin account then check your emails ;)

Now to decide if or how much is worth investing...:rolleyes:

Going to be VERY oversubscribed from my reading....

DaveJ

18. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

I just got this email too ... I am going to try for $50K worth and don't expect to get that much. Or would $100K be worth trying for you reckon?

19. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Just wondering what LVR Leveraged Equities are offering ?

Ironically, I refinanced my Platinum funds away from Leveraged Equities a couple of months back, and have only just applied to refinance them back to LevEq in the last couple of weeks (still pending) - so I doubt I will get an offer.

20. DaveJ__

There was no mention of LVR in the email... Will have to wait and see on Monday.

Maybe similar to other offerings above?? :confused: