ASX Shares Platinum IPO

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Nigel Ward, 13th Apr, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bundy1964

bundy1964 Well-Known Member

No mention on their securieties list either at LE. Paladin is listed though at 40% LVR so I may have a closer look there.

2. DaveJ__

DaveJ__ Well-Known Member

PTM - Research

Hi All,
    I found this research report on the upcoming PTM (Platiunum) float which may be of interest.

Aegis Research Report - PTM IPO

regards,

DaveJ

3. pthm

pthm Well-Known Member

Thanks, Dave, for the link to the report.

4. NickM

NickM Well-Known Member

Yes, Personally i think it will do ok.
    This is not advice and everyone should read the PDS and discuss it with their planner or broker

I have picked a few duds in the past ! ( some time ago anyway)

NickM

5. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

70% LVR on these shares

6. PiggyBank__

PiggyBank__ Member

I have faxed in a request for 50k to LE. Hopefully I will get atleast the minimum allocation of 10k!

PB

7. Handyandy

Handyandy Well-Known Member

Hi Guys

I notice that my comsec accout now has entries for the Platinum code PTMZZ, even showing the full quantity.

I wonder is this is indicative of the full allocation or is there some scaling back?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: 10th May, 2007
  8. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

I think there'll be at least 50% scale back.

BT is showing Platinum "dummy line" for the full amount...but I wouldn't assume that means I'll get the full allocation.

Cheers
    N.

9. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

they did recognize me, I got my invitation ;)

10. AndyB

AndyB Member

BT is also showing a "dummy line" for the full amount I requested. Heres hoping.

Andrew

11. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the date that we will know what we were allocated and also when we will be refunded our excess funds?

ta

12. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

i think comsec told me the allocations are done this friday..

13. DaveA__

DaveA__ Well-Known Member

From Comsec website

The transfer of Shares to successful applicants is expected to occur on 16 May 2007. Holding statements are expected to be dispatched on 17 May 2007. Shares are expected to commence trading on the ASX on 23 May 2007 under the ASX code PTM.

14. pthm

pthm Well-Known Member

Spoke to Comsec this morning, and we applied for 4,000 shares ($20K) for 2 accounts and both got scaled back to 2,000 shares ($10K) each.

Comsec said unused money will be refunded in a few days time!

15. Edmund__

Edmund__ New Member

Hi PTHM, out of interest, did you have anything invested with Platinum and for how long? Reason I ask is that they have said that allocation will have regard to amount invested and time

16. pthm

pthm Well-Known Member

Hi Edmund

No, I do not have any investment with Platinum funds. However, I have been a client of Comsec for a long time (almost since they started up). When I received an email from Comsec I knew that Platinum shares would be a good investment. I reckon regardless how its funds perform, Platinum will always get a fee in managing the funds - just like the Macquarie Bank's model. It is better to invest in the bank instead of in its many funds - some have done well, others have not, but the bank has always done very well. Also, you can compare this to Navra shares - we will get a dividend this year (according to Steve) because of the change in the fee structure for Navra funds. So, I think Navra shares will do well going forward.

What I should have done a little bit different, if I had thought well, was to ask my relationship manager at CBA to get me the firm allocation. I mentioned it to her after I already applied and she said "if you told me then I could get you a firm allocation!" I said, but you should have offered your service to me without me asking for it.

17. Handyandy

Handyandy Well-Known Member

What are people seeing on their comsec screen?

The two accounts through which I applied for Platinum using comsec changed codes from PTMZZ to PTM but the quantity is still the quantity that I applied for.

I just wondering whether I actually received the full allocation or is it still to be updated?

Cheers

18. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

I called LE and they advised that they had received allocations and a single big refund.

They are sorting through it all today and we should see it online either today or tomorrow.

19. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

Just called the share registry. Took about 15 minutes so I don't really recommend it to anyone. :(

I applied for $50 000 worth of stock.

I was allocated 400 shares or $2 000 worth.

Proved to be a waste of time and now I have an allocation not even worth selling for a profit.

I might just reinvest the dividends and tuck it away in a drawer and maybe when I am old it will pay for a new bedpan or something useful.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I have help Platinum International for a year or so now and am 2% up and that is probably all reinvested distributions.

Feel like walking away from this whole company.

20. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I used to hold 5 Platinum funds, but now I only hold Platinum Asia, which has been doing very well (other than the occasional down period).

I still have Platinum European and Platinum International Brands on my shortlist, but nothing invested right now.

So glad I got out of Platinum Japan when I did - it's gone down a LOT since then. Platinum International is just not performing at all - I sold out of that a while back and it's done very little since then.