please help me to get out of my tax problem :( !!!

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by jag__, 9th May, 2012.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jag__

jag__ New Member

Hi, I am new to share trading and started it in last September. I had made about 25 transaction (buy n sell) by $22000 cost. I had made about $7000 until january but after that I bought the 30000 units of share of rms @ 95c. then sold it at 76c and at the same time i bought it again at 77c. I am thinking that I only have to pay tax of $ 1200(as my profit in portfolio) gain if my last 2 transactions are valid. or m i liable to $7000(approx) profit. I am not worry about to reduced share price because i can keep that share for long term, just worried about the tax because i had made profit before.or if there is any possibility to reduce tax liability in current share price fall. please give me advice. thank you.

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.