Managed Funds Please help

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by mendelevitz, 19th Dec, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mendelevitz

mendelevitz New Member

Discount fund brokers - are they any good?

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

If you mean the likes of Commsec's Direct Funds or Fairfax's Direct Access ... they do the job. If you are looking for a mechanism to avoid costly entry fees into retail managed funds, then that is a good way to do it ... and some even rebate part of the ongoing commission too.

I started off using Neville Ward Direct (recently bought out by Commsec to become Commsec Direct Funds) when I started. I don't use them now because I only invest in wholesale funds (no entry / exit fees and lower management fees).

If you meant something else by "discount fund brokers", then please give more details.

3. Handyandy

Handyandy Well-Known Member

4. bundy1964

bundy1964 Well-Known Member

I did open an account with them but they are not margin loan friendly unless you use their prefered bank. Direct Access has the fund I want and the in house Direct Shares which is *etrade will do for the other.

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.