Pool Inspections

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Jacque, 4th Dec, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

A word of warning for those of you house hunting for homes with pools: ensure you pay the money for a pool inspector (often under $100 for your local Swimart or similar company) along with the building inspection, to ensure you are fully aware of any unforseen problems that you may well have to pay for after you settle and move in.

Pools are notorious, unfortunately, for appearing "well" yet can possess a myriad of problems lurking inside the filter box :D I heard of one recent example where a new homeowner moved in, only to discover the pristine looking pool needed $4K worth of repairs pretty much immediately.

Yes, inspections such as this add to the cost, but when you're spending what is hundreds of thousands of dollars, it's important to get it right. You can also then use the cost of any necessary repairs in the renegotiations.

2. perky

perky Well-Known Member

I hope that it wasn't you Jacque :eek:

3. samaka

samaka Well-Known Member

Got a story to share Jacque? :)

4. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Well it wasn't me who's $4K poorer if that's what you were thinking :)

With our recent move we did have to spend on the pool but that's mainly because my other half is a pool fanatic and has to have everything 100% perfect when it comes to the great outdoors :D