Portfolio Admin. - Looking, Looking.

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by pscpete, 24th Nov, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. pscpete

pscpete New Member

I am a self managed investor with managed funds and direct shares who is looking for a portfolio admin service that can be accessed without an adviser.

I wish to move from my wrap account which charges hefty fees for what seems to be little more than software generated reporting.

A company called myPAS has a website but does not answer the contact numbers or return email enquirie - Does anyone have any suggestions/experience on this? Perhaps there is D.I.Y web based software for portfolio adminisration.

I would really appreciate some feedback as I am sure there must be services out there for like minded investors but they are not widely advertised.

Regards,
    Pete

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Exactly what are you looking for in a portfolio admin service?

Is it the consolidated reporting you are looking for, or something else?

3. pscpete

pscpete New Member

Hi Sim,Thanks for the reply.

Yes mainly just looking for the consolidated reporting quarterly and the full year tax summary. Online access also.

I am not a prolific trader... more of a buy and hold type.
    The ease of reporting is important to me as I don't have an accounting background.

Do you know of any firms selling D.I.Y software or full service administration accessable with no adviser?

4. Rob G

Rob G Well-Known Member

You should look at some low cost simple packages like BGL.

Lacking any accounting background, you should also enrol on a course by the software provider.

Alternatively, enrol on a TAFE course on personal investment and pick the teacher's brains on the package they use and how to get the best out of it.

Cheers,

Rob