Join our investing community

Portland Float

Discussion in 'Shares' started by Simon, 1st Dec, 2005.

1. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

2. Ol School Skata

Ol School Skata Well-Known Member

what are your thoughts on this upcoming float Simon?

OSS

3. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

Well I really only have access to the company info which does make it all sound rather appealling on the emotional side.

But of course the numbers are what counts and I have neither the access to them nor the expertise to draw the conclusions that others here seem to do so with ease.

I am not investing in this float as I know nothing of it - just trying to prompt some discussion - no agenda of my own here mate.

But I am looking for my next investment. Probably a managed fund and certainly a growth oriented one rather than an income fund (I do intend buying more income funds when the US one comes along). I will probably be investing about $100K with 50% gearing. I am looking at a few Colonial First State funds as I have some there already and am comfortable and happy with their work to date to build my meagre wealth.

I have made money on floats before and did toy with the idea of trying to do so again but I recognise this is speculative behaviour and I have decided to be an investor instead so I will be leaving them alone.

I will post some of this seperate and hopefully we can share some research on growth funds.

Cheers,