post property settlement issues

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by jeffery85, 19th Nov, 2012.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jeffery85

jeffery85 Active Member

Hi,

A little bit of advice i am seeking.

I purchased a property in the ACT about 2 months ago and i have received a phone call from my solicitor too say that the sellers solicitor miscalculated the settlement figures they requested for settlement and now want additional funds.

I didn't even look as there was the banks solicitor mine & the sellers so i just took everyones word for things and signed everything put in front of me.

If the seller and there representative made the error and i meet all of there settlements requests surly this is there issue?

Or

Should i just pay it (this is probably what i will do). just unsure were i stand and if the previous owner has any claims too deeds or anything since the sale price was not meet on settlement (remembering settlement has passed)?

Regards

Jeffery

2. Pete Ramoza

Pete Ramoza Active Member

Jeffrey,

What has your solicitor had to say?

3. jeffery85

jeffery85 Active Member

they said that everything has all ready gone through with the transfer but please supply the cheque asap so they cam resolve the issue.

4. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hi Jeff

Sorry to hear of the stuff up from the other side but you really have little choice here but to pay up. Hope it wasn't too big a bill :)