Join our investing community

Prediction !

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tropo, 14th Jun, 2006.

1. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Hong Kong - World-renowned physicist Stephen Hawking Tuesday predicted that man would have a lunar settlement within 20 years and a colony on Mars by 2046.

Speaking on a visit to Hong Kong, he said space exploration would be essential for the survival of man because of the threat of nuclear war and diminishing resources.

According to radio station RTHK, the wheelchair-bound 64-year-old author of A Brief History Of Time said the risk of total annihilation of the human race was growing day by day.

He told a press briefing that he believed man would have a settlement on the moon within 20 years and a colony on Mars within 40 years, RTHK said.

Briton Hawking, who will deliver a lecture titled The Origin Of The Universe on Thursday at a Hong Kong university, has been given a rock star style reception in the former British colony.

Police had to form a human chain to hold back crowds waiting to greet him when he touched down at the city's Chek Lap Kok airport on Monday.

My question = Have you got any development plans? :D :D

2. johnnyb

johnnyb Well-Known Member

Like Einstein and many other great scientists, I think Hawking should stick to his day job and leave politics and sociology to those in touch with reality :eek:

Who owns the titles for the moon and mars anyway:confused:

3. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

"Like Einstein and many other great scientists, I think Hawking should stick to his day job and leave politics and sociology to those in touch with reality "

John.......
    You are 100% correct = IMHO anyway...
    Thanks for you reply... (same here).
    Have a good one !!:D :D :D