Join our investing community

Predictions About Australia In 2006

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kennethkohsg, 30th Oct, 2005.

1. kennethkohsg

kennethkohsg Well-Known Member

Dear All,

1. While book-browsing in one of local bookstores in Singapore, I happen to come across this prediction being made about Australia in 2006 by a certain Master Tan Khoon Yong in Singapore,

" Two Black stars meets Tai Sui and renders severe droughts and spread of contagions. The rise of labour strikes wavers the Australian leader's postion".

2. I am wondering who do members really think and say about Australia in 2006 themselves.

3. Although I wish the best for Australia, I can agree to Master Tan's prediction made about Australia to a certain extent, especially in regards to his reference made about the labour strikes in view of the current ongoing IR reforms. As for predicted droughts occuring in Australia next year, I am not sure whether it can or cannot be effectively ruled out totally as much as we do not want to believe in it.

4. For your kind update and for a further open and healthy discussion as a coffee break talk, please.

5. Thank you.

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

Last edited by a moderator: 30th Oct, 2005
  2. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

" 1. While book-browsing in one of local bookstores in Singapore, I happen to come across this prediction being made about Australia in 2006 by a certain Master Tan Khoon Yong in Singapore, "

Kenneth,

Predictions are what they are.
    Just predictions only.
    :cool:
    PS:
    My prediction = Next year ( 2006 ) at the same time I'll be one year older IF I am still around.... :D

3. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Labour strikes ? A possiblity , but given the health of the economy , I think Labour are pushing the barrow uphill on this.

Contagions ? A possiblity , but Australia is probably better placed than any where else in the world to handle that.

Drought ? well , It would be a game person to predict that there wasn't a drought in Australia ..... :rolleyes:

See Change

4. Tom&Don

Tom&Don Active Member

Whenever I see predictions, I always try to remember to ask myself the following:

Is my reaction to this prediction just my desire to confirm my current belief, to confirm my view as being right?

As human beings, one of our main priorities is constantly to confirm our beliefs - the desire to be RIGHT. It has been demonstrated that we will go to awful lenghts to confirm our beliefs, to prove ourselves right, despite any weight of evidence to the contrary.

We can see this all the time - whenever someone argues with dogged pigheaded (??) passion it is usually without giving enough weight to ALL sides of an argument. Its just sokmething we do - read the works of Bazerman and Snell, I studied this for a bit in my masters.

We see it in every part of our lives ... open your eyes and mind for just ONE day. You will be amazed at how much we purposely blind our own judgement just to feel good.