Private company investment

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by AndrewM__, 1st Dec, 2010.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AndrewM__

AndrewM__ New Member

Hi guys,

I'm looking at investing in a 5 year old, very successful company.

As for funds - I'm looking at investing approx $100-$125k. I have $30k savings at the moment. However, after looking around, it appears as though I can't easily get a loan for an investment, unless it's for stocks/funds, etc.

What would you all suggest? The options I am considering, are;

- Business loan, directly for investment
    - Cash loan @ 10%
    - Business loan for a startup registered company, which the primary function of the company is direct investment in the other company.

What are your opinions?

Cheers,
    Andrew

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

it will be very difficult.

The banks will ask what is the security for the loan? I assume you don't have security, if you do you could just get a LOC on the property and then use those funds.

Without security you will be looking at a personal loan - probably about $30k max.

Another option may be vendor finance. Ask the company can you pay the loan in stages out of your share of the profits.

And, be careful. I have know many people who have lost huge amounts of money by investing in companies which they do not control.

3. Gfaw

Gfaw New Member

I have lost confidence in the banks, but keep money at home - is not an option. So I invested in Necker Anlagen Initially, I worried that the investment fund - another scam. I was afraid that a few months later they declared bankruptcy, and say goodbye to my investment. But it took several months, during which I steadily replenish an account, now I took part of the amount, the rest left in the account. I made withdrawal quickly and without problems. I have a profit of 10% a day.