Property Management Article

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Up- Beat, 19th Aug, 2005.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Up- Beat

Up- Beat Member

I would like to thank Jacque for her informative article "Selecting an effective residential property manager".
    I found the key questioning tips very helpful and look forward to testing my next property manager !!
    I am interested to know from your experience whether you arrange with the property managers to have pest inspections on the IP'S regularly(six monthly, annually?) or am I being over cautious

Thanks Jacque, I look forward to your next article.

cheers Up-Beat

Last edited by a moderator: 20th Aug, 2005
  2. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Thanks for the feedback, Up-Beat. Nice to know someone has benefited from my list :) Selecting the right PM is crucial to a smoother running IP, after all.

As for pest inspections, I would recommend an annual health check to be on the safe side. Particularly with timber properties and those in areas with previous damage or close to termite sources, it's better to be pro active on a regular basis than be up for thousands of dollars in repair later down the track. Termites are sneaky little critters! :)

3. Up- Beat

Up- Beat Member

Thank's for the info Jacque.
    From the feedback I have had with the people I know with IP's, it doesn't seem to be on their high priority list to arrange regular pest inspections.
    I am in agreeance with yourself that it is better to be safe than sorry as the last thing you need is to be landed with a hefty bill, we pay enough to hold on to the properties as it is.

cheers
    Up-Beat

4. Merlin__

Merlin__ Member

where is it??

Hi,

I am trying to find the post relating to "how to find a good property manager" but I am unable to see it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks,

M

5. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: 1st Jan, 2007
  6. Merlin__

Merlin__ Member

Thank you for the pointer