Property or Finance?

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by ray6663, 15th Feb, 2011.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ray6663

ray6663 New Member

Hello,

I was interested in finance industry at first but I find it would be hard to get a job in finance as i don't have any qualification in finance nor real estate. But if i get Real estate certificate of registration (3 days course), i can work in real estate straight away. In the other hand, i have to get at least 1 year course in finance then i can get a qualification in finance, then get a job.

I would like to know what are the pros and cons in short/long term for both property and finance.

Any opinion will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Raymond Chen

2. builder2818

builder2818 Active Member

That's not what he was asking about....He is talking about a career.

3. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hi Raymond

Just acquiring qualifications in either of the above industries isn't going to be sufficient for you to make a decision here on which way to go career-wise. Whilst you can obtain a certificate of registration here in NSW to work in the RE industry, it often takes at least 12mths+ experience in sales to build up a reputation and a fledgling career. So many punters see RE sales as a quick way to earn money, and yet nothing could be further from the truth. Most new agents I know work 6 days a week, earn ordinary money and can end up suffering burnout. There is a very high turnover of staff in the RE industry.

Best of luck with whatever your decision.