Qld Private Selling site

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Jacque, 31st Oct, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Well, with Qld property clearly experiencing a spurt of growth at the moment, it's no surprise that private selling has suddenly become "vogue", with the advent of several private sellers sites becoming more popular.

Sydney's ACA programme featured this company, Red Direct , on their show tonight, accompanied by a couple of successful private sellers who had used the company to sell their homes for under $1K. It also had the unofficial endorsement of Terry Ryder, who has long been an advocate of private selling.

The REIQ, however, don't like the competition (how surprising) and, according to the report, are doing their utmost to ensure the company doesn't get publicity. Hah! So much for that! Now that it's appeared on TV no doubt Red Direct will have much increased interest in their product and the entire private selling process.

Best of luck to them I say :)

2. BladeCA

BladeCA Member

This is handy to know considering that I'm thinking about selling my property here in QLD. With the way the market in my area is going I'm having a little trouble with paying $6500 to someone who really isn't doing that much work for it. Takes me a month to get that sort of money.

I think we will see a large increase in private selling thanks to the internet, the way the market is going up and the size of the commissions that you have to pay out now. Not everyone will do it because of time constraints and just can't be bothered but there are those who will.

It will be interesting to see if any agents will start up by working on a fixed price of sale regardless of value of the house. Had seen on TV where a couple of guys had did that and were doing extremely well, too well actually the other agencies in town threathened them that much they had to shut down for fear of their families safety.

Anyway websites like this one can only make things better for sellers and buyers in my opinion.

3. vandalic

vandalic Active Member

Bring on the private selling, too many real estate agents getting paid just to unlock doors in the current market.

4. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Sounds like Kevin's company, GoGecko, if I recall correctly. They charge a set fee and some dirty REA's setting about to dismantle their business because they couldn't handle the competition!

Private selling is an option that not all buyers will consider, however it's certainly worth investigating if you have the time and energy to do so. Naturally, in a hot market it's going to be far easier to sell, and these type of companies do tend to spring up in boom type situations- Brissy certainly seems to fit that criteria at the moment. In a down market, however, it can be a different issue altogether.