Quantity Surveyor recommendations - Perth?

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by k_veg, 22nd Jul, 2011.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. k_veg

k_veg Active Member

Hi all, I had an assessor from Depro booked in to come through my property yesterday, but they cancelled at the last minute and are now being inflexible with new appointment times.

Can anyone recommend someone else, who will be GENEROUS with their deductible amounts and charge a reasonable fee? Depro were going to charge $599 including GST.

Thanks all! This is my first investment property, and I just settled on Monday. There have been a few hiccoughs along the way but going well overall. Decided to self manage as the agent seems to think I'll get peanuts for the rent. I've got one application already for $40 more a week than the MAXIMUM the agent told me.

Anyway, any Surveyor recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. taurus 64

taurus 64 New Member

Tax Depreciation

I used BMT Quantity Surveyors here in Melbourne. These guys are nation wide and were fantastic. Appointment was quick, Guy arrived bang on time with a phone call 30 minutes before to see if I would be home. Appoint took approx 20 minutes and he took a million photos for ref: Report was available within the week but BMT allow 14 days. First time I have used a Quantity Surveyor and was not made to feel a mere female. Fantastc, Fantastic:)
    website BMT Tax Depreciation Quantity Surveyors - Home PS Charged $650 and they promise to get 3x that amount in deductions or no charge. Was given $100 discount as my tax agent recomended them. Good luck

Last edited by a moderator: 26th Aug, 2011
  3. k_veg

k_veg Active Member

Hi, thanks for that. In the end I did actually go with BMT. At $715 incl. GST they weren't cheap, but they got me some excellent deductions and were very accommodating. I would definitely recommend them too!