Question from a novice home investor

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by unicorn__, 19th Jun, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. unicorn__

unicorn__ New Member

I have started investing in shares only since October and have a question which will probably make those of you who are more experienced have a bit of a chuckle...

How do I get the current and ever changing ASX list on my computer screen? I currently use a bank online broking service to trade shares and am making quite a nice amount of money but the shares that come up for me to watch are only ones that I have put on a list created by myself but I would like to see all the shares available. Is there anyway of doing this?

Also I would like two computer screens - one with the list and then my other with my bank screen...does anyone have a set up like this and if so how did you go about setting it up.

2. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Multi-Monitor Desktop Computer for Stock Trading
    6 Monitor Computers with Trading Monitors for Day Traders! by multiplexpc -- Revver Online Video Sharing Network
    Day trading computer - software
    MaxiVista - Multi Monitor Software

3. unicorn__

unicorn__ New Member

4. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

I would say that you may need double/triple screen only if you trade simultaneously a few different markets.
    If you trade only OZ shares one screen is enough (even if you trade intra).
    I do have only one screen (big one !!) ;)

5. joanmc

joanmc Well-Known Member

I only have one screen but I must admit I am looking at buying a bigger one!:D

At least then all the little minimised things won't overlap (yes, you can tell by my writing how technically challenged I am:eek:)

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia