Join our investing community

Quotes ...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tropo, 22nd Mar, 2006.

1. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Investing Quotes...

Wait Until You Get A Fat Pitch
    In this game, the market has to keep pitching, but you don't have to swing. You can stand there with the bat on your shoulder until you get a fat pitch.
    Warren Buffett

Theory Different From Practical
    There is a very important difference between being a theoretical contrarian and dealing with it in practical terms.
    Michael Steinhardt

Take A Hard Look At Risk
    Throughout my financial career, I have continually witnessed examples of other people that I have known being ruined by a failure to respect risk. If you don't take a hard look at risk, it will take you.
    Larry Hite

Investing Quotes - Do The Opposite
    We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.
    Warren Buffett

It's A Tough Business
    In this business if you're good, you're right six times out of ten. You're never going to be right nine times out of ten.
    Peter Lynch

It Is Never Different
    Brokers tell you that stocks will keep going up because it is different this time. Never believe this. It is never different.
    Jim Rogers

Trading Quotable Quotes - Control Risks
    Experienced traders control risks, inexperienced traders chase gains.
    Alan Farley

Trading Intuition
    I look for conditions of disequilibrium. They send out certain signals that activate me. So my decisions are really a combination of using theory and instinct. If you like, you may call it intuition.
    George Soros

Financial Markets Are Generally Unpredictable
    The financial markets generally are unpredictable. One has to have different scenarios. The idea that you can actually predict what's going to happen contradicts my way of looking at the market.
    George Soros

Don't Take Big Losses
    Taking a loss never affects me, but I don’t take big losses.
    Victor Sperandeo

One Wizard's Trading Components
    I am primarily a trend trader with touches of hunches based on about twenty years of experience. In order of importance to me are:
    1) The long-term trend,
    2) The current chart pattern, and
    3) Picking a good spot to buy or sell. Those are the three primary components of my trading.
    Ed Seykota

It Is An Irrational World
    There is nothing so disastrous as a rational investment policy in an irrational world.
    John Maynard Keynes

:cool: