Join our investing community

RE-submit for FFP, damn!

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by L'homme, 20th Jan, 2010.

1. L'homme

L'homme Active Member

Now could anyone help me a bit?

Basically I have problems with question 1d and 1e
    1d, the comment says "explain licensing responsibilities, I don't know what it means exactly, the responsibilities of the adviser or of the license holder? I mentioned neither, since the question only asks to explain the relationship btw the two parties, which I did. I am so confused:(

1e. the question is about complaint resolution available to the client. I understand and explained in my article the internal and external procedures but the comment asks for "time-frame for each step". What is that and How do I respond to it please?

Also, I am rated incompetent on Q4b simply because I didn't provide a front cover attached to the SOA??!!
    And, I provided the client's risk profile in the SOA but apparently this is not sufficient as I am asked to attach the very same risk profile to the Fact Finder given to the client?! So basically I am wondering with regard to the last two questions I raised: is that all I need to do is to print a front cover and attach the risk profile the the fact finder? Is it really this simple or am I missing something important?

Thanks guys!

2. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Read RG175 here Australian Securities and Investments Commission - Regulatory guides

There are time limits for each step, maybe they want you to list these time limits.

Normally an SoA has a covering letter

I'm not sure what other organisations do but we give clients a Guide to Investment Risk and Return which is giving them education around their risk profile.

Cheers,

Dan

3. L'homme

L'homme Active Member

Thanks AsxBroker!

I have another question with regard to what sorts of documents the client requires to bring prior to the first meeting. I am thinking utility bills, financial statements etc, Am I right? What would you ask your client to bring on your first meet?

I had a look at RG175. it's too detailed and I am running out of time. Could anyone give me a gist of what licensing responsibilities imposed on both the adviser and the licensee? Thanks very very much!!!