Recommended Chartered Accountant in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by origen, 9th Aug, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. origen

origen New Member

Hi, I am a newbe here. Can anyone recommend a good Chartered Accountant to manage tax returns, etc for a Discretionary Trust with a Corporate Trustee as well as personal returns? Preferably someone from the Western Suburbs who is more creative with tax deductions.

2. Rob G

Rob G Well-Known Member

I don't think the "CA" brand sits too comfortably with phrase "creative with deductions" !!

Every Accountant has their individual comfort level with how aggressive they should be with Taxation.

As well as CA, you have other affiliations such as CPA & NIA.

Any registered Tax Agent can lodge your tax returns, regardless of their affiliation.

If you want the comfort of a recognised affiliation then you should not expect too much "creative" activity as they have their good name and their membership to protect - being bound by a code of ethics of that organisation.

Cheers,

Rob

3. origen

origen New Member

By creative, I did not mean illegal! Agressive would be a better term then. The CPA's I have dealt with in the past have been fairly conservative.

4. Rob G

Rob G Well-Known Member

The advantage of an affiliation is access to legal opinion via the membership.

If you hear of a "good" Accountant who is aggressive then the chances are the ATO also knows them - and their clients !!

Sorry, but I would not be thanked for referring any aggressive client to my associates.

Good luck,

Rob

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia