Redwing's secret

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by TryHard, 17th Oct, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

Sorry. Its not juicy gossip about Redwing. :)

But thanks to Redwing's thread over at SS, I was prompted to download the 3-part series "Untold : The Strangest Secret" about "law of attraction" or whatever the correct term is, which I am now very keen to watch given the great feedback.

The problem is Google forces you to watch it online with all the associated performance issues and interruptions.

If you'd like the video on your hard drive you can follow these steps I posted on SS :

1. Go to :
    VideoDL.org - Download Online Video (Google Video, YouTube etc) in a Flash!

2. Enter the URL for the video you want (eg. for The Secret they are :

Untold: The Strangest Secret (Part1of3) - Google Video

Untold: The Strangest Secret (Part2of3) - Google Video

Untold: The Strangest Secret (Part3of3) - Google Video

3. Right click and save the resulting green "download link" for each one to your hard drive (will automatically have a .flv extension, which is required)

4. Use your favourite video player to play the file on your local machine.

BTW Google now has its own video player at Google Video Player Download (EDIT : it doesn't play the FLV files downloaded using the above method ... a bit of Google exercising Microsoft-style tactics :) - stick with your favourite video player instead)

... if you are having problems playing video files using Windows Media Player try VLC media player - Overview which is very good

HTH
    Carl

Last edited by a moderator: 17th Sep, 2016
  2. Tzaki

Tzaki Well-Known Member

Excellent videos!!

Thinking
    and
    FEELing
    leads to
    ACTing
    to Change your reality

It shows the absolute necessity of having the correct mindset, not just for investing but for life, a BIG part of that is accepting the resposibility for your own actions, and realising that only YOU have control of how you feel.;)

3. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

I got through 20 minutes... geez...

4. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Damn..and I opened this to find out what you knew :D

I've always believed: "Its not what you know and its not who you know...its what you know about who you know"!

5. TryHard

It gets better if you can get past the melodramatics - honest :) (although it wasn's as good as I hoped - the same night I watched The 40 Year Old Virgin and it was much funnier :p

6. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Agreed, If you can watch part two and three it gets interesting, if you cant get that far maybe your not ready for it yet ?

As far as funny goes, I'd like to see "Kenny" the new OZ Comedy hit, but today I'm going for "The Davinci Code" on DVD for a bit of R&R

7. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

OK I'll watch parts 2 and 3 when I'm not dead tired like I was last night.

Hey, I saw Kenny at it's Premiere (won tickets), and met "Kenny". At that stage I knew nothing about the movie. I thought it was great. I've found the secret to having a great time at the movies was removing the pressure of expectation.

8. gazza

gazza Well-Known Member

Are these videos still available? When I try and download them, I get an application error(Rails). Any ideas?

9. shake-the-disease

shake-the-disease Well-Known Member

The movie is nothing more than an infomercial for New Age religion packaged in a thin wrapper of pusedo-science. Parts 2 and 3 are even MORE ridiculous than part 1. How people can believe this stuff is beyond me.

10. TryHard

Wow... I must be naive. I didn't get any new age religion message, and I didn't see Tom or Katy anywhere. I took it to be about the Law of Attraction, and I personally think it has merit (certainly more than any religion I have ever heard of).

I know one bloke in particular who thrives on the positive angle and ignores the negative and he has achieved more than anyone would ever believe basically entirely on 'attitude'.

If you extracted from it some religious connotation that was obviously lost on me, perhaps due to my heathen upbringing, then I suppose it means different things to different people.

11. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

It seemed to me to push into that Anthony Robbins area... each to their own...

12. TryHard

Yeah I have to admit I was a bit disappointed once I watched it, compared to the raves it was getting ... but still interested in how some people can use attitude as a pretty powerful part of the journey (being a bit of a negative pr*** myself, it was kind of relevant :p)

13. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

Definitely!

Makes you wonder about the Lance Armstrong's and so forth of the world - are they genetically that much superior to their peers? I think it comes back to their mindset and mental strength etc.

14. Tim__

Tim__ Well-Known Member

Seeing how people can believe it does take effort but if you can achieve that it is worthwhile.

Tim

15. shake-the-disease

shake-the-disease Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean Tim. Worthwwhile for who. Do you mean it's worthwhile to me to realise there are gulible people in the world or something else :confused:

16. coopranos

coopranos Well-Known Member

I have read a fair few books about successful people, and the overwhelming majority of them have very similar views as those supported by The Secret movie. Obviously each one describes it a little differently, and focus more on different aspects, but the ideas overall tend to be quite similar.