Rental Inspections

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by MasterCheif, 12th May, 2010.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MasterCheif

MasterCheif Active Member

Hi,

I have just been told that the real estate agent can only inspect my investment property every 6 months?

Is this correct? Seems like a long time between visits. I was hoping to inspect every 3 months.

Cheers,
    Trenton.

2. MasterCheif

MasterCheif Active Member

Also does anyone have a good spreadsheet to manage costs associated with a rental property, deductions etc.

Also is there a register which shows that I actually own the property? Appear to have misplaced contract documents etc. (In Victoria).

Last edited by a moderator: 12th May, 2010
  3. KateMelb

KateMelb Active Member

In Victoria, you can inspect after the first three months of a lease and then only at six month intervals. Tenants must be given seven days notice and inspections must occur during normal business hours unless otherwise agreed. For tips on maximising inspections, check out the Rentwise blog: Inspecting Your Investment Property | Rentwise – DIY Property Management

A Title Search via the Land Titles Office website will confirm your title ownership - there is a minor cost involved: Search for a title

4. Michealf

Michealf New Member

Hello,
    Go to the ATO website and search for a document 'Rental Property Expenses 20xx' where xx is the year. The publication is extremely useful - it outlines what you can and cannot claim and gives examples. At the back there is a worksheet which you can copy into an Excel spreadsheet.

Alternatively when your property portfolio grows you can use MYOB to track your expenses. It produces reports which an accountant can easily follow.